Please Pray for My Family

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rbftfire
Posts in topic: 6

Please Pray for My Family

Post by rbftfire »

I have only been a member on this forum for a short time now. I have been a member on other special interest forums and while I have liked them very much, the community here has amazed me so far. Just Monday 4/26/10, I mailed off my application for my license. It was a great start to a horrible day. I have a very difficult time expressing my sorrows because typically I have always tried not to show weakness. So, for now, as I will be working on myself, I ask that all who are willing will pray for me.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Medic218
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Please Pray for My Family

Post by Medic218 »

Well, the best way to deal with tough situations is to share and be willing to accept unbiased feedback...no matter what it is.
You may not like others opinions but they may help you see it from another perspective and will help you view yourself in a different light as well.
Best of luck and we're here for you!
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

Topic author
rbftfire

Post by rbftfire »

You are correct. I just have a problem showing "weakness" and expressing most of my feelings. So, it is with great difficulty that I write:

On Monday, I came home to a long note which ultimately informed me that my wife had hired an attorney and filed for divorce. This was a huge shock to me since I did not think that anything was wrong. Looking back now, I can tell that there are some issues. I told my wife that I was willing to work on anything that I can but she told me that she did not thing that there was anything left to work on. I explained that I was willing to do one of two things.

A. Fight to save our marriage until it is fixed or it kills me.
B. If she is not willing to join me in that fight, I would make the divorce as smooth as possible for the sake of all three of us (her, our son, and myself).

The only sign of hope that I have is that the document that I need to sign and have notarized has not yet been produced. It is my sincere hope that she is delaying this in case we might be able to work it out.

More as I can. I'm working on it.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

I can't imagine what it must be like to be blindsided by something like that. I hope that you and your wife are able to work things out. I'll be praying for you, and please try to realize that sharing your burdens is a sign of strength, not weakness.
NRA lifetime member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

Prayers from here also. Marriage problems are very stressful for all invloved. Weakness is not being strong enough to face the issues and talk about them. You have already shown strength by posting here. Please take the next step and consider talking to a pastor or marriage counselor, even if if your wife won't. You will find it will help with pain and mental anguish that comes with this type of life event.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

My prayers for you and the success of your marriage go out to you my friend.

Matthew 19:26 And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
I support the right to arm bears.

Topic author
rbftfire

Post by rbftfire »

Thank you all. Your prayers and advice are very much appreciated.

I am picking up my son from his school/daycare in about an hour. I am meeting my wife at her office and we are leaving from there to go get diapers, etc. for our son. It is my intent to relay to her verbally, what I have spent several hours writing out.

Thank you again.

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

Good luck man!!
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

Your whole family is on my prayer list.
TraCoun

Topic author
rbftfire

Post by rbftfire »

Thank you all. Your prayers are much appreciated. I know that the Lord hears them. It doesn't look too good for my marriage. I poured my heart out to her yesterday, let her know that I was willing to go to extreme lengths to make it work. This morning, I get an email that tells me that she can't bring herself to try to work it out.

I'm trying to be strong and survive this. Your continued prayers are much appreciated.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I am praying for you also. If you are anywhere close to Lufkin let me know & we will have personal prayer time too.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Kinda' reminds me of my first wife's reaction to my plea for trying to save 21 years of marriage over two dozen years ago. I knew it was all over when I suggested we seek counseling and her response was, "Good idea, tell me what they say". That's the truth :smilelol5: . (I can laugh about it now)

As hard as it is now, take comfort in the knowledge that you're not the first this sort of thing has happened to and you won't be the last. These things do work themselves out and it is oftentimes for the better. I know mine did and it was. Mrs. Oldgringo and I will observe/celebrate 26 years of matrimony sometime in August. We're not big on dates, birthdays, anniversaries, etc., etc. and she is not a shopper, bless her heart!

Good luck and God Bless you all.
Last edited by Oldgringo on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Prayers are sent.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
rbftfire

Post by rbftfire »

Today has not been a good day. My clothes and my "collection" were taken to her office where I was allowed to get them after she left. I have the divorce papers in hand and meet with my attorney tomorrow. Its not what I want but I feel as though I must protect myself and my interests in my son.

With that being said, I want to commend and thank everyone who has offered me prayers, advice, and support on this forum. Although I am very new to this forum, I can already tell those who I have interacted with and read postings from (both on this subject and others) are some "grade A" people. So far through this dark journey, I have leaned heavily upon God, my parents and siblings, my boss, and the members of this forum. I am extremely grateful. God bless you all.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

I'm sorry to hear that things are not going well. Keep in mind that we are all here for you. Please keep us posted, and we'll keep praying for your situation.
NRA lifetime member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”