Co-worker and family needs prayers

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Co-worker and family needs prayers

Post by dws1117 »

A co-worker just found out that his brother in law was killed in Iraq. Please remember him and his family in your prayers.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I especially will. One of the sons of our music director just returned form his 2nd tour there.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Diode
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Diode »

Will do,

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Will do.

My nephew just got back from his second tour before Thanksgiving.

We were glad that our most earnest hopes were realized, and that our greatest fears were not.

He saw quite a bit of action while in Iraq, so we are fortunate to have him back at all, let alone in one piece.

Others, as you point out...have not been so lucky, and have made the ultimate sacrifice. I pray now for all of our fighting men and women and the families they represent.

Thank You.. for letting us know about this terrible loss. Not only does it give us the opportunity to honor this young man, but it also serves as a reminder that our freedoms, our liberties, and our safety....come at great cost. As such, these things should be cherished by every American, and fought for on the home front (by all citizens) as vigorously as they are defended by our troops abroad.

Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

:patriot: best post on the subject. :patriot:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I will. This is made even more tragic by the fact that the Christmas season will forever be a reminder not only of what they have lost, but also when.

May our Lord be with and comfort those who grieve.

Chas.

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Thanks to everyone and especially flintknapper. What a wonderful post.

From what I've learned my co-worker spoke to his BIL just a few weeks ago. The BIL knew that he was going to an area of heavy combat and car bombings. He had told his family that he didn't believe he would be coming home alive. He had only been over there a couple of weeks. He was 20 years old.

Even though none of us had met the young man, there has been a deep sadness in our work area since the news was received. Our co-worker left to be with his wife.

Well said, Charles. Many of us have expressed those same thought.

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Me & Wifey will pray for their family.

~Bill

Tote 9

Post by Tote 9 »

I will pray for him as I do for others in the forces. I have never lost a loved one like that so I can only imagine the sorrow his family is going through. We need to always remember our soldiers in prayer and support them whether we agree with the war or not.
Don't Lose Your Head , Your Brains Are In It !!
At my age the only thing thats getting better is my FORGETTER.

fadlan12

Post by fadlan12 »

Lady I work with husband was KIA last weds. They were only married a few months. Very sad. Prayers for all our soldiers.

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

My heart and prayers go out to all our men and women in uniform. Let's all be thankful for them and our vets who keep and kept our country free.

It is the soldier in the field, who is willing to give his life to protect our freedoms, that make this country great.

May god walk with all of you.
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”