Prayers for rain

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
johncanfield
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Prayers for rain

Post by johncanfield »

Watching your trees die is painful - you can't just sell them off and buy new ones when times are better like livestock. We have a bunch of old live oaks and they are dropping their leaves - I'm praying they are simply going dormant. We received 0.23" of rain Thursday which was a wonderful and unexpected blessing although you can't tell any difference now - we're still brown and dusty.

Our well only produces 2-3 gpm in the best of times, so there is no way we can water anything but ourselves. Our neighbor's well is slowing down and I think ours is also.

I just picked up 10 square bales of alfalfa for the blackbuck last week and the going price is now over $13 a bale. I paid $9 in May. Coastal hay is $10 a bale - used to be $7-8 a bale. It doesn't sound like a lot of money, but it really adds up over time. Thank goodness I don't have cattle - they eat probably ten or twenty times what my blackbuck eat.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

stash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stash »

Well maybe the good Lord is going to answer our prayers. I looked at this weeks weather (San Marcos area) and they show thunderstorms Wed. thru Sat. and get this, temps in the low to mid nineties. The chances of the storms is pretty high (over 50%). I read last week that this high pressure dome which caused all the heat and no rain that has been over the state since spring is going to disappear and it looks like this week it is going to happen. Now, to get thru today (108) and tomorrow (106) and we may have it made. These oaks around here are really thirsty.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

TLE2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TLE2 »

Psalm 147:7 - 9
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”