Prayer Request

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
texanron
Posts in topic: 8

Prayer Request

Post by texanron »

In March of last year the wife and I were blessed with twin girls. They're doing great! They keep my wife pretty busy at the house during the day while I'm away at work. This year around July 17th we will be blessed again with our 3rd child! We went to see the doctor yesterday for the 3 month visit and saw the head, arms, legs, heart beat.....etc. We'll know in a few more weeks if its a boy or girl. If it's another girl I might be making a run for the border!! Serioulsy though, we need prayers for my wife as she deals with the day to day grind of caring for the twins and now dealing with the effects of being pregnant. It's starting to take a toll on her already. We're hoping that we get some volunteers from our church family to help us out.

Have a blessed day.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayer Request

Post by Teamless »

Congrats and thinking about her, good thoughts and prayers!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Divided Attention »

I will be praying for you all! Wish you the best, and sounds like you are doing what you can to let your wife rest when she can. Now, with 3 babies in about 2 years do we need to discuss what causes this? ;-) :mrgreen:
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

We had 3 babies in 11 months. Twins, then one more little surprise blessing. They are now, uh, umm, 20-something.

So, what I'm trying to say is, yes it can be done. Like a 3 ring circus at times, and housekeeping sorta fell by the wayside. But they all made it through their childhood!

Teen years.... well, we won't even talk about that. You have lots of years before you need to worry about that!

Prayers and blessings to you both!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

Me too. I will pray for you both & the babies too. Never had twins but just trying to imagin that is over my head.

As far as the border run, weeeell, when our son was stationed in Saudi the DIL lived w/ us. That ment Wife, my Mom, Daughter still here in College, DIL, granddaughter.
Take some advice from an old baldheaded man that made it through. Help w/ the laundry (not hard at all & you can do something else while it is washing or drying), keep your stuff picked up (easy), set the table (this will be conversation time for yall), really tend the kids when she is in the kitchen (one of the biggest helps you can do for her), clean the bathroom occasionally (the most appreciated chore you will ever do for her).
When all the girl stuff is going on then, just kinda set in the corner & watch, or go to the gun room. You will do fine & in 25 yrs you will have raised 3 fine citizens who are Constitutionalists & have a strong work ethic.

Yep, life's tough but You can do it.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

That is great news. My kids were one at a time, but we still had 3 kids in 30 months so I remember having our hands full. Children are always a blessing from God.
longtooth wrote:Take some advice from an old baldheaded man that made it through. Help w/ the laundry (not hard at all & you can do something else while it is washing or drying), keep your stuff picked up (easy), set the table (this will be conversation time for yall), really tend the kids when she is in the kitchen (one of the biggest helps you can do for her), clean the bathroom occasionally (the most appreciated chore you will ever do for her).
This is good advice. When Momma is happy, everyone is happy.

Only piece I would add is regularly watch the kids for a couple of hours on weekends so she can get out of the house. When my wife was going stir crazy, just dropping by her sister's house on a Saturday to visit for a couple of hours without kids in tow really recharged her batteries and was much appreciated. Heck, just getting out to browse Target or the mall without kids in tow was entertainment for her.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
texanron

Post by texanron »

Thanks for the replies y'all. :tiphat:
We have a system in place right now thats works good for us. I take over watching the girls once I get home from work to give her a much needed break. Once the girls go to bed I clean up the kitchen. That's our Monday through Friday routine. On the weekends we both tend to the girls. The wife will also get out of the house for a few hours to do whatever she needs or wants to do. During nap times I'll do the laundry/housework and yard work as needed. The wife has a girls night out coming up later this month. I'll use that night to blast through some of the much needed house cleaning. She'll really like that. It also might work into a Saturday IDPA shoot with WHIDPA for me!
12/17/2010 CHL

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

That is an excellent program.
You show great love for your wife & wisdon beyond your yrs. I wish I had gained that at a much earlier age.
Congrats & you will do GREAT at raising children. :thumbs2:

BTW:
I do confess, I am a much better Grandparent than I was a Dad. :banghead:
Better late than never though. :thumbs2:
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
texanron

Post by texanron »

longtooth wrote:That is an excellent program.
You show great love for your wife & wisdon beyond your yrs. I wish I had gained that at a much earlier age.
Congrats & you will do GREAT at raising children. :thumbs2:

BTW:
I do confess, I am a much better Grandparent than I was a Dad. :banghead:
Better late than never though. :thumbs2:
Thanks LT! I appreciate your kind words. They have provided a boost to the confidence I already have in what we're/I'm doing.
12/17/2010 CHL

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

:tiphat: This is the fun part of being a MOD. "rlol"

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Congratulations!

You'll do fine. You've got your act together, and have a game plan.

God bless you and your Family. You're in our prayer list.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

DocV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DocV »

Move from one-on-one to a zone defense and enjoy every dizzy moment.

varko

Post by varko »

Congratulations! Prayers sent for your family.
And if I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the entire twentieth century, here too, I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy than to repeat once again: Men have forgotten God. - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Topic author
texanron

Re: Prayer Request***UPDATE***

Post by texanron »

The wife and I went to the doctor today to see how our little one on the way is doing and SHE is doing great! Yes....we're having another girl to go with out twin daughters. Honestly, I was hoping for a boy this go around and I'm a little bummed. I'll get over it soon enough though and love her just the same. We're tapping out at 3 kiddos. We will not be trying for a 4th. We were informed that she does have a couple of cysts on her brain but that it's not really something to be concerned about. The doc said there is a 99% chance that the cysts will be gone when we go back in 6 weeks.
12/17/2010 CHL

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...you'll need to move into a 2-story house...no dogs in the yard...maybe they'll all elope...otherwise, you're gonna be spendin' all yer gun money on weddin's!!! Glad all are doing well...

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”