Another praise report.

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Another praise report.

Post by longtooth »

For all the old hands here a 6 yr + thank you. Some of you are still praying for me daily & I know it.

For all the newer guys both ladies & gents. Six plus yrs ago at 56 I found out I had cancer. The Dr. said, "& you have a pretty good dose of it." The Lord is good & when they got it out they got it ALL.
6 yrs out now & last report a month ago is "Undetectable".

The 1st 4 yrs were very slow recovery, regaining strength, & getting back to normal. What ever normal is for a RedNeck Country Boy. (Yall dont get that cancer stuff, it will knock you in the dirt) :mad5

Last 2 yrs I have seen GREAT strength improvement now & able to tolerate the heat again. Thank you Lord.
Now yesterday I had 3 BIG mowing jobs. 2 businesses & a church. Then a range orientation for a new member at ARPC.

Started before 7:00 & I was definately ragged out when I got home just before 5:00 but even a yr ago could never have done it.
Hit the sack at 8:15 last knight & ready to go this morn again.

Thank you Lord & it is all praise to the Great Physician. You are the healer.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another praise report.

Post by Jumping Frog »

That is terrific. Being blessed with good health is something many people -- especially the young -- never appreciate. Regaining it after health struggles makes the blessing taste even sweeter. Thank the Lord!
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

That's wonderful news! :clapping:
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Great news... :thumbs2:

Not only do I find myself feeling a bit happier sitting here at my keyboard reading that, but the peaceful strength that comes through your positive, confident, writing, and your sharing that story with us, is tangible to me.

Thanks for sharing. A good start to my Friday.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

RoyGBiv wrote:Great news... :thumbs2:

Not only do I find myself feeling a bit happier sitting here at my keyboard reading that, but the peaceful strength that comes through your positive, confident, writing, and your sharing that story with us, is tangible to me.

Thanks for sharing. A good start to my Friday.
Thank you sir & may everyone gain strength & encouragement from knowing the power of the Living God.
Really, since I am a Christian I am a winner either way. :thumbs2:
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

longtooth wrote:Thank you sir & may everyone gain strength & encouragement from knowing the power of the Living God.
Thank you, LT! I needed this today!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Crossfire wrote:
longtooth wrote:Thank you sir & may everyone gain strength & encouragement from knowing the power of the Living God.
Thank you, LT! I needed this today!
:thumbs2: :hurry:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

longtooth wrote:For all the old hands here a 6 yr + thank you. Some of you are still praying for me daily & I know it.

For all the newer guys both ladies & gents. Six plus yrs ago at 56 I found out I had cancer. The Dr. said, "& you have a pretty good dose of it." The Lord is good & when they got it out they got it ALL.

The 1st 4 yrs were very slow recovery, regaining strength, & getting back to normal. What ever normal is for a RedNeck Country Boy. (Yall dont get that cancer stuff, it will knock you in the dirt) :mad5

Last 2 yrs I have seen GREAT strength improvement now & able to tolerate the heat again. Thank you Lord.
Now yesterday I had 3 BIG mowing jobs. 2 businesses & a church. Then a range orientation for a new member at ARPC.

Started before 7:00 & I was definately ragged out when I got home just before 5:00 but even a yr ago could never have done it.

Being one of the "new guys" I had no idea, but it is good to hear a positive report. I hope it stays that way for many, many years to come.

I too am 6 years cancer free (sort of.) I was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in early 2006 at age 40. Went though chemotherapy for eight cycles and have been in remission for the NHL since. I managed the chemo well, but it did have some lasting effects, such as killing off insulin producing cells making me diabetic.

In late 2009 at age 45 I was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma and had my right kidney removed. It was caught very early on a scan so it is not expected to be a problem. Now I just have to deal with only having one kidney and diabetes.

Good lord willing, my 50th birthday will be uneventful. :cheers2:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Jaguar wrote:
longtooth wrote:For all the old hands here a 6 yr + thank you. Some of you are still praying for me daily & I know it.

Being one of the "new guys" I had no idea, but it is good to hear a positive report. I hope it stays that way for many, many years to come.

I too am 6 years cancer free (sort of.) I was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in early 2006 at age 40. Went though chemotherapy for eight cycles and have been in remission for the NHL since. I managed the chemo well, but it did have some lasting effects, such as killing off insulin producing cells making me diabetic.

In late 2009 at age 45 I was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma and had my right kidney removed. It was caught very early on a scan so it is not expected to be a problem. Now I just have to deal with only having one kidney and diabetes.

Good lord willing, my 50th birthday will be uneventful. :cheers2:

Yes w/ me too. I dont know if anyone ever gets completely back to where they were before cancer. That is some bad stuff.
Reason I told everyone else to (Yall dont get that cancer stuff, it will knock you in the dirt) :mad5

Thank you Lord I have now had 4 free yrs. If they had not found it until it matasized (sp & yall can fix it) I would be pushin up dasies by now. I was experiencing NO symptoms at all so that is a real possibility. They actually found mine running a blood test preping me for knee surgery.
Whoada thunk youd ever praise the Lord for a bad knee. All in all again, Thank you Lord.

Hope you 50th is uneventful except for the :thewave PARTY :thewave for the big 5 0
Thank you Lord for Jaugar too.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”