Best and worst Christmas season...

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Best and worst Christmas season...

Post by jmra »

Praying all goes well.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

DLBConductor

Post by DLBConductor »

I am praying not only for your wife but also for you and your new daughter. God's blessing be with you and your family.
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

pack, I've been out of touch for the last couple of days, but I just said a prayer for your family. Austin has some wonderful hospitals. May G-d bless your family.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
packa45
Posts in topic: 6

Post by packa45 »

All is well for the moment. My wife is on meds to manage pain ( which is to be expected considering she has had her lower abdomen opened up twice and had doctors probing around and such) the doctors left the wound opened(no staples or sutures) and inserted medical foam and a vac tube (to suck out the sub cutaneous fluid that wounds typically generate) and she is feeling much better. She was able to hold and feed our daughter this afternoon she is even allowed to walk around her room and down the hall to the nourishment room(for those midnite snack cravings) but she will be attached to the vac for an unknown amount of time and need frequent visits to the hospital each week to have the wound repacked.

She has been battling depression for the last several days because she has been unable to spend time with our daughter and has been under orders to stay in bed, (IV and catheter). That all changed this morning when the actual IV was removed(the valve or whatever is still in her arm and she is on IV antibiotics for 4 hours a day usually while she is sleeping) and the catheter was also removed this morning after the vac tube was installed she has to drag it around on the IV pole but she is glad to be mobile. The icing on the cake was when I brought our daughter into the room...she absolutely lit up. Thank you all for your prayers.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Thank you for the update.

We will continue our prayers for you and your precious family.

"This too will soon pass."

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for her and your family.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
packa45
Posts in topic: 6

Post by packa45 »

Wife has now been home for a couple of days. We have a wound care nurse coming 2 days a week until it is healed and have to go in once a week to have a wound care doctor examine it. Otherwise we are now doing great. Her first couple encounters with the nurses were somewhat traumatic (extremely painful) but her new nurse that was here yesterday was amazing(quick and nearly painless according to my wife) my wife is still rather upset because she cannot pick up our daughter because she is restricted to lifting things under 10 pounds... And our new poo factory is just over that.

I can't wait to teach my daughter how to defend herself both armed and unarmed and scare the crap out of her boyfriends...once I allow her to wear makeup and have one at age 30.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

hpcatx
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hpcatx »

Wonderful news. May she have a speedy recovery and you all know only health in the new year!
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

We will be praying for her recovery to be speedily and back to 100%.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”