The Annoyed Woman

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Annoyed Woman

Post by puma guy »

Sorry for TAW. Prayers for a mild case and that it doesn't spread.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Waco1959
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Waco1959 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:She is very annoyed. She woke up in the middle of the night Thursday night with pain and itching around her right eye. Saw a doctor for it this morning..........she's got shingles. We're on our way to see an ophthalmologist down in Fort Worth for an emergency appointment to make sure that her eyeball is safe, but in the meantime it appears to be spreading up into her hairline and her forehead, and it is getting more painful.
Had the same thing on the left side of my head about a year ago. The things my Dr. did:

1. Got me anti-viral meds ASAP. Lessens the overall severity, chance of scarring on the eye, and the likelihood of continued pain.
2. Checked the pressure in my eye about every three days. My pressure kept fluctuating, was elevated until the rash cleared up, and really worried the doctor.
3. After my 6 month mandatory wait, had me get the vaccine. Even with my needle phobia, I didn't argue.

The downside, even with early treatment, is once you have had it you are at greater risk of getting it again and Shingles alway affects the same nerve branch . So if it comes back, it comes back the same place.

My episode with shingles was without a doubt the most painful experience I ever had.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

TAM, I understand where TAW is. I had shingles the summer I graduated from High School. That was 1964 and I still remember the pain and discomfort. Shingles is not contagious it is the immune form of the chickenpox virus the only way you can get shingles is to have had chicken pox then be exposed to chickenpox again.

Also, my wife had shingles a few years ago she was miserable too. Mrs. MoJo took about a moth to fully recover as I recall, it took me a couple of weeks that's the difference between being 18 and being, well we won't go there we will say she has passed her18th birthday. :nono:

Tell TAW that I know what's annoying her and it isn't you this time. :smilelol5: Prayers for a mild case and a short bout.

eta: Regarding the pain of shingles the closest thing I have ever experienced since having shingles was being scalded by steam.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers for a speedy recovery of a painful and agonizing condition.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent from here too.

I just learned more about shingles from this thread than I ever knew (or wanted to know.)

Guess it's time to trudge down to Walgreen's and get the shot.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

we have always been fairly certain that my husband had an odd round of shingles shortly after we were married. He had a rash about the size of a silver dollar on his chest, and on his back, if you had stuck a pencil through him the two places would have lined up. the rash spots looked for all the world like chicken pox. when I called my mom and described it she insisted it was shingles, but it didn't hurt him, it just irritated him like heck. lasted a couple of weeks and was gone, left behind a couple of chicken pox scars too. so if it was shingles he was incredibly blessed. no recurrence thank God!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I awoke on January 14, 2013 with pain on my right side. Inasmuch, as I was going to have knee replacement later that morning, I showered, shaved, etc. and we drove 50 miles through sleet in the dark to Tyler for my appointment. The medicos took a look at my side and pronounced he has "shingles", we can't operate. Mrs. Oldgringo told 'em we weren't coming back, fix his knee. If he dies, he dies.

I got my 71 year old knee replaced that day and the first time shingles went away a few days later. It was suggested that anxiety over the surgery caused the outbreak? Hopefully, TAW's outbreak will clear shortly.

Best wishes for all.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Prayers for relief and quick healing.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

WildBill wrote:... I may go down to my local Walgreens tomorrow and get stuck.
Do it. Don't put it off. It's expensive, but how much have we spent on other insurance in our lives...

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Oldgringo wrote: Mrs. Oldgringo told 'em we weren't coming back, fix his knee. If he dies, he dies.
Now, that is true love, right there!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Shingles is bad stuff. We are sending prayers for recovery for The Annoyed Household.

My mom came down with it just after dad died. It attacked the optic nerve and she did lose sight in her eye. Don't mess around with this.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Shingles is a horribly painful condition. I had it after I broke my leg. Mine was in my chest and back. The virus paralyzed my left side diaphragm and some of the intercostal muscles reducing my ability to breathe.

I will pray for TAW for Our Lord to heal her quickly.

There is effective pain treatment for shingles and she might be on it for quite awhile.

The shingles vaccine is produced from aborted fetuses.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Wishing TAW a speedy and complete recovery.

I too have had shingles.

Left side of face and scalp.

I was advised by my dermatologist that rest goes a long way in speeding recovery.

TomV

Post by TomV »

anygunanywhere wrote:
The shingles vaccine is produced from aborted fetuses.

Anygunanywhere
While technically true, this is a rather misleading statement. The virus for the vaccine is grown in laboratory cultured cells that were collected from two legally aborted fetuses in the 1960's

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/conten ... evelopment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”