Health Need: Brain tumor

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Health Need: Brain tumor

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

UPDATE:
Jessie still has the brain tumor, but the Lord has touched him in miraculous ways. He has gone through two brain surgeries each of which carried the risk of destroying his ability to think and speak and perhaps even leave him partially paralyzed. He was slow of speech for a while, but he's almost back to normal now. We still don't know his long term prognosis, but a life that was once measured in days could be years. Only God knows the answer to that question.

His impact on the doctors, nurses, staff and patients at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center has been a highlight of his life. Jessie and his wife are actually thankful for his illness because it changed a pastor who was once confidently in control of his life, his family, his church and his ministry into a humble man who lives every day for Christ knowing God is in control, not Jessie. He laughs, he smiles and he never complains. He walks the halls of the hospital talking to anyone and everyone who will listen and most patients cannot believe his has a brain tumor. Many have told him where their cancer is located (bone, kidney, colon, etc.) and then say "at least it isn't in my head." Then they ask him what type of cancer he has and when he responds "a brain tumor" they are shocked and astounded at his demeanor, his joy and his zeal to tell them about Christ.

In my 66 years on this earth, Jessie's story is one of the most compelling I've have had to honor and privilege to hear first hand. Both he and his wife have said that they go to bed each night not knowing if he will wake in the morning. If it does, then they are happy and he will continue making disciples for Christ for another day. If he does not wake up the next day, then he will be at home with Christ. Jessie and his wife are at peace with that fact.

God bless this man and his incredibly strong and supportive wife.
Chas.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

I missed this thread when it was originally posted. Thanks for bumping it up and also thanks for the incredible update.

Will keep this young pastor, his family and those he comes in contact with in my thoughts and prayers. It's amazing what God can do in and through people that accept His will and make the most of circumstances instead of spending their time feeling sorry for themselves and praying for God's will to be changed.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bitter Clinger »

May the One who blessed our fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, bless and heal Jessie. May the Holy One, blessed be God, be merciful and strengthen and heal him. Grant him a complete and speedy recovery—a healing of the body and a healing of the soul. And let us say: Amen.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Lord, we know that sometimes your plans are dark to us... Sometimes we don't like what you have in store for us. However, we always know that you true unflinching love for us has our best needs at heart. We pray that you lift Jessie up for a miracle and help him and his family. Please touch this family that they may know your love and peace during this time of tribulation. We know that with you we can endure all things. Please help Jessie oh Lord. Amen!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Praising God.
Ron
NRA Member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Continued prayers for Jesse and his family. They seem to be strong in their faith, knowing that God can see the big picture that we do not see, so it is our faith that carries us through.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Both he and his wife have said that they go to bed each night not knowing if he will wake in the morning. If it does, then they are happy and he will continue making disciples for Christ for another day. If he does not wake up the next day, then he will be at home with Christ. Jessie and his wife are at peace with that fact.
Having been through a 10 year fight with terminal congestive heart and kidney failure, I am happy to hear that he and his wife have reached this state. No moment of the day is taken for granted and life is seen with new eyes. May GOD bless him with one of his miracles.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

sugar land dave wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Both he and his wife have said that they go to bed each night not knowing if he will wake in the morning. If it does, then they are happy and he will continue making disciples for Christ for another day. If he does not wake up the next day, then he will be at home with Christ. Jessie and his wife are at peace with that fact.
Having been through a 10 year fight with terminal congestive heart and kidney failure, I am happy to hear that he and his wife have reached this state. No moment of the day is taken for granted and life is seen with new eyes. May GOD bless him with one of his miracles.
Not to distract from this pastors focus but to highlight his courage and faith, I'm posting my next comments.

Very sorry to hear of your health issues Dave. I agree with your comments about not taking life for granted. I wsh we all could get to that point long before we get ill. The world would be a better place.

I won't put a link to it so I won't violate any forum rules. However, Andy Stanley is doing a great sermon series that gives excellent guidance and hope for this day and time. It's called, "Tough As Nails" and can be found in The North Point Church website.

This young pastor and his wife are living as Andy encourages us all to live in his messages. The message is good even if one is not Christian.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

brokedown48

Post by brokedown48 »

Prayers sent
NRA
TSRA
C&R

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Heartfelt prayers sent for healing for Jesse.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Praying for Jesse, his family, and friends.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Thanks for the update Charles, I always try to keep prepared spiritually so I may react like he has if or when I am in that situation. The ultimate mark of a Christian is being able to serve Him no matter what goes on with us or around us and I respect him for doing just that. I will be praying for he and his family.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”