Prayers needed--UPDATE

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Prayers needed

Post by puma guy »

Prayers for healing and full recovery.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

I offer my prayers for you and your family. Keep the faith.
NRA Endowment Member

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

RPBrown - I hope that everything has gone well with this for you. I too have gone through this, this year. My PSA levels were rising, and I went in for a biopsy in late April. Early May the results came back as positive. After several meetings with the urologist, we scheduled surgery for July 18. All went well, with samples of the nearby lymph nodes showing negative, so it has appeared that nothing had spread beyond the prostate. I spent only one night in Baylor Frisco, and went home the next day. A subsequent PSA test was 0.1 - an indication that there is nothing remaining of concern, just a residual amount remaining in the blood stream, and the next test should have undetectable (zero) levels.

While this can be serious if not dealt with, to me it was never something that I got into a panic about. I viewed it as a minor bump it the road of life. It certainly has no comparison to my Mom's breast cancer and resulting chemotherapy, or to a couple of other ladies I know who have had cancer and the long courses of radiation and chemo. With men, if detected and dealt with properly, it's very curable.

If you want to talk about my experiences with this, PM me and we can exchange phone numbers.

Good luck, prayers and good wishes sent!
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Prayers needed--UPDATE

Post by RPBrown »

UPDATE
Today will be my last radiation treatment. Everything has gone as expected and recent scans look good. I will go back Dec. 22 for a followup and new PSA test. I feel certain it is gone (along with all of my energy :mrgreen: ) and God has healed me.
I want to thank everyone for all of the prayers. It is very humbling to have as many people praying for you as I have had throughout this process and I know that God has heard those prayers.

Thank you all
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

Amen! God is good all the time. We have you on our prayer list as well as the prayer list at church.

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

New Update--Went for testing today. Scans look good and PSA is down to 2.09. Praise the Lord. What a perfect Christmas gift he gave me. The doc said the PSA should continue to fall over the next few months as the radiation is still working in me. I go back for a final visit in April
Thank you everyone so much for your continued prayers. It means a lot to have so many people praying for you.
TSRA-Life member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RPBrown wrote:New Update--Went for testing today. Scans look good and PSA is down to 2.09. Praise the Lord. What a perfect Christmas gift he gave me. The doc said the PSA should continue to fall over the next few months as the radiation is still working in me. I go back for a final visit in April
Thank you everyone so much for your continued prayers. It means a lot to have so many people praying for you.

Great News!! Prayers of thanksgiving sent for healing. You're right, a better Christmas gift could not be had. Continued prayers for future good reports.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

No one heals like Jesus1
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

RPBrown wrote:New Update--Went for testing today. Scans look good and PSA is down to 2.09. Praise the Lord. What a perfect Christmas gift he gave me. The doc said the PSA should continue to fall over the next few months as the radiation is still working in me. I go back for a final visit in April
Best gift past salvation is more time here with family and friends. Praise the Lord He is still in the miracle working business. Continued prayers for you and the family.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

sounds like good news
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
RPBrown

Re: Prayers needed--UPDATE #2

Post by RPBrown »

Just went back for my 4 month check up. PSA down to 1.38, blood pressure at 147/62 (lowest its been in a few years) and I lost 11 lbs. If you find the 11 lbs.,
I don't want them back. Give them to someone that needs them :biggrinjester:

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS AND PLEASE, MEN, IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO YET, GO GET YOUR PSA CHECKED
TSRA-Life member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Amen my friend. We will keep you in our prayers.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

very good news! And yes, all men at 50 need to start going to get checked! my husband was diagnosed at 53!!! :shock:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”