Prayers needed--UPDATE

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Prayers needed

Post by SewTexas »

prayers today as you go for your biopsy.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

SewTexas wrote:prayers today as you go for your biopsy.

Praying also.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rtschl »

Praying...
Ron
NRA Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Today is biopsy day. Prayers go with you, my friend.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

UPDATE--I got the results from the biopsy back this morning and they are not good. Seems like I have Stage 2 prostate cancer. I am going to start radiation treatment on Monday. 5 days a week for 8 weeks. I won't need a night scope as I will be glowing. Makes for a good target though.
If the beam radiation doesn't work, they will implant radiation seeds. Woohoo, I become a radiation farmer.
Anyway, if that doesn't take care of it, they will remove the prostate. I guess thats how they harvest what grows from the seeds.

I have to joke about it or my wife will just bust out crying again. The doctor says that at this stage, there is a 90% survival rate. This is encouraging. I hope he is talking about me and not those blasted seeds.

All kidding aside, please send continued prayers but more so for my wife. She is having a very hard time dealing with this.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

Praying again.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

RPBrown wrote:UPDATE--I got the results from the biopsy back this morning and they are not good. Seems like I have Stage 2 prostate cancer. I am going to start radiation treatment on Monday. 5 days a week for 8 weeks. I won't need a night scope as I will be glowing. Makes for a good target though.
If the beam radiation doesn't work, they will implant radiation seeds. Woohoo, I become a radiation farmer.
Anyway, if that doesn't take care of it, they will remove the prostate. I guess thats how they harvest what grows from the seeds.

I have to joke about it or my wife will just bust out crying again. The doctor says that at this stage, there is a 90% survival rate. This is encouraging. I hope he is talking about me and not those blasted seeds.

All kidding aside, please send continued prayers but more so for my wife. She is having a very hard time dealing with this.
Look at it in the positive side, early detection and elimination is the road to win the battle. Ignoring the problem is not an option. Good luck with your journey. I am confident that you would conquer it.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am not for sure how I missed this my friend. You are on our prayer list and I will put you on our church prayer list tonight. If I can do anything for you please don't hesitate to give me a call.

FCH

Post by FCH »

RPBrown, you have my prayers for continued healing and for peace and comfort for your wife.

BTW - I had the seeds and had to buy a lead apron so I could hold my grand baby without exposing her. That grand baby is turning 10 years old next month.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

thank you for the update. I will pray the radiation works.
Hug your wife, spend time with her. If she wants to, let her PM me. I've been there, I'll happily chat with her.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

joe817

Post by joe817 »

My prayers are with you RP, in successful treatment, and speedy recovery. Prayers for Strength, Wisdom and Courage for you and your family.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Prayers sent. For healing for you and comfort for your wife. There are several support groups, as well as those on this forum who are,willing to help you both. Don't be afraid to reach out yourself, it's impossible to be the rock for two people.
Please keep us updated, and let us know how we can help.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

Continuing to pray for you and your wife.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Thanks for the updates, which must be difficult to recount. We will be praying for your healing.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

RPBrown wrote:UPDATE--I got the results from the biopsy back this morning and they are not good. Seems like I have Stage 2 prostate cancer. I am going to start radiation treatment on Monday. 5 days a week for 8 weeks. I won't need a night scope as I will be glowing. Makes for a good target though.

Prayers for you and your family. Hoping for successful treatment.

If you haven't seen it yet, there is an organization with a lot of resources and information - the Prostate Cancer Foundation http://www.pcf.org/site/c.leJRIROrEpH/b ... 4/Home.htm. After a few men I know were diagnosed I started making contributions to the PCF.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”