Prayers welcomed

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bcooper
Posts in topic: 2

Prayers welcomed

Post by bcooper »

I have decided to join the sheep dogs of the world and start the process to become a Harris County Sheriff. This has been a dream of mine since having a friend murdered over drugs, when I was 19. Now 32, with the way the country is going and a opportunity has been placed in front of me to step in and step up. I have my polygraph Wednesday, then after I will have a couple more things before I am accepted to work in the Jail House for a year, then Police Academy. My brother is a Sheriff and to be able to stand side by side with him would be the most honoring feeling.

Prayer:

That this is GOD's will for me and my family.
That he blesses this adventure
That I stand with integrity and honesty while in this adventure
For wisdom and discernment to make the right choices
For Courage to stand in front of this countries enemies foreign and domestic
Finally protection and patients for my family to be able deal with me putting myself in front of harms way.

Thank you Guys!

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers welcomed

Post by vjallen75 »

Prayers for you :tiphat:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bcooper wrote:I have decided to join the sheep dogs of the world and start the process to become a Harris County Sheriff. This has been a dream of mine since having a friend murdered over drugs, when I was 19. Now 32, with the way the country is going and a opportunity has been placed in front of me to step in and step up. I have my polygraph Wednesday, then after I will have a couple more things before I am accepted to work in the Jail House for a year, then Police Academy. My brother is a Sheriff and to be able to stand side by side with him would be the most honoring feeling.

Prayer:

Finally protection and patients for my family to be able deal with me putting myself in front of harms way.

Thank you Guys!

Prayers sent, and a thanks for making the decision to become LEO! :tiphat:

I know a lot of people start out as jailers and then move into patrol duties, and I just have a word of advice from someone who started in patrol, and worked with those who stared as jailers.. Try to remember, that the people you deal with in the jail, are 100% criminals. The people you deal with on the street are 99% non-criminal, at least no more so than perhaps disobeying traffic laws. Don't allow attitudes you have from your jailer days, to bleed over too much into your street time.
The job is often thankless, the things you see and experience cannot be conveyed to loved ones who haven't seen what you have seen, You will come to understand that you won't fear the drunk with a gun, as much as you fear the quiet kid, who is just not quite right.
Be humble, and remember you do work for the people, as they have a habit of reminding you when you arrest them for DWI. You will experience the most boring of times, and the most terrifying. My most terrifying came when a couple flagged me down and the woman ran over to me and handed me her baby who had stopped breathing.
Stay alert, stay positive, and stay alive, so you can go home to your family.

p.s The baby started breathing on her own as soon as I tilted her head back. I shook for thirty minutes afterwards.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I congratulate you Sir. Well done. :tiphat:

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers sent your way for answers and blessings.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
bcooper
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bcooper »

Jusme wrote:
bcooper wrote:I have decided to join the sheep dogs of the world and start the process to become a Harris County Sheriff. This has been a dream of mine since having a friend murdered over drugs, when I was 19. Now 32, with the way the country is going and a opportunity has been placed in front of me to step in and step up. I have my polygraph Wednesday, then after I will have a couple more things before I am accepted to work in the Jail House for a year, then Police Academy. My brother is a Sheriff and to be able to stand side by side with him would be the most honoring feeling.

Prayer:

Thank you Guys!

Prayers sent, and a thanks for making the decision to become LEO! :tiphat:

I know a lot of people start out as jailers and then move into patrol duties, and I just have a word of advice from someone who started in patrol, and worked with those who stared as jailers.. Try to remember, that the people you deal with in the jail, are 100% criminals. The people you deal with on the street are 99% non-criminal, at least no more so than perhaps disobeying traffic laws. Don't allow attitudes you have from your jailer days, to bleed over too much into your street time.
The job is often thankless, the things you see and experience cannot be conveyed to loved ones who haven't seen what you have seen, You will come to understand that you won't fear the drunk with a gun, as much as you fear the quiet kid, who is just not quite right.
Be humble, and remember you do work for the people, as they have a habit of reminding you when you arrest them for DWI. You will experience the most boring of times, and the most terrifying. My most terrifying came when a couple flagged me down and the woman ran over to me and handed me her baby who had stopped breathing.
Stay alert, stay positive, and stay alive, so you can go home to your family.

p.s The baby started breathing on her own as soon as I tilted her head back. I shook for thirty minutes afterwards.

Thank you for the advice! It really means a lot and I will take heart to everything you said.

Everyone else, thank you for the prayers! :txflag:

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”