Prayers for Florida

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 3

Prayers for Florida

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Please send prayers for our aunt & uncle in Kissin'Mee!
He is a hard headed Vietnam Vet and won't evac. 100% service disabled. :patriot:
Hopefully far enough inland they won't get beat up too bad.

P.S. Include all other unfortunate souls in Mat's path!

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers for Florida

Post by Skiprr »

Prayers for your aunt and uncle, and for everyone on the Atlantic coast of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.

Matthew could still take a more easterly path than the center of the cone of uncertainty shows right now…but it might not. Currently, the middle of the track is looking almost like it literally hugs the coast, the eye staying only a mile or two offshore, and follows the coast all the way from West Palm to north of Savannah, Georgia.

An almost nightmare scenario, because staying over warm Atlantic waters and never making direct landfall means that it might retain Its Cat 4 strength. Hoping for the best, but this storm track could be unprecedented.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Skiprr wrote:Prayers for your aunt and uncle, and for everyone on the Atlantic coast of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.

Matthew could still take a more easterly path than the center of the cone of uncertainty shows right now…but it might not. Currently, the middle of the track is looking almost like it literally hugs the coast, the eye staying only a mile or two offshore, and follows the coast all the way from West Palm to north of Savannah, Georgia.

An almost nightmare scenario, because staying over warm Atlantic waters and never making direct landfall means that it might retain Its Cat 4 strength. Hoping for the best, but this storm track could be unprecedented.
I offer my prayers also. My brother and his wife just moved to Florida earlier this year.
NRA Endowment Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Prayers out that the storm tracks out into the Atlantic, if not then that there will be no further loss of life.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

WildBill wrote:
Skiprr wrote:Prayers for your aunt and uncle, and for everyone on the Atlantic coast of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.

I offer my prayers also. My brother and his wife just moved to Florida earlier this year.
Our prayers for yours as well.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers sent for everyone affected by the storm and your Aunt and Uncle specifically.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Rpenn57

Post by Rpenn57 »

My daughter and her boyfriend are in Orlando. They have power and the wind is between 30-40mph. I'm guessin that Kissimmee is about the same for the weather but not sure about their power.

Topic author
JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Rpenn57 wrote:My daughter and her boyfriend are in Orlando. They have power and the wind is between 30-40mph. I'm guessin that Kissimmee is about the same for the weather but not sure about their power.
Thank the Lord!
Good to hear yours are doing well. Aunt said doing OK, just a lot of branches down.
Looks like Florida is dodging a bullet, so far only one poor soul that suffered a heart attack and emergency services could not get to her in time.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Just talked to my brother. Fortunately the only damage was a tree that was blown down in the front yard :woohoo
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”