Pray For Broken Foot

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Pray For Broken Foot

Post by carlson1 »

Mxrdad wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
WTR wrote:Do to my left side being paralyzed due to stroke, my left side had very poor circulation and my foot was usually purple. I found Crocs made for diabetic feet and diabetic socks to be a great aid in healing when I injured my left foot. When you get out of a cast this may help. Also you should send me those offendinf .4 ACP rounds for proper disposal.......hope you heal quickly and well. Oh, Crocs look like heck but they feel like a cloud.
Yes I have diabetic shoes and socks already because of the neuropathy. I have tried to find Crocs in the past, but my foot is 14 1/2 EEE. If you find some please let me know where.
Mxrdad wrote:Does that qualify shooting yourself in the foot? Sorry man, just trying to lighten it up a little. :cheers2: Heal quickly. I broke my foot when I was 45 years old and that rascal still swells up if I walk a lot and is sore. Hope you get a full recovery.
My wife has the same opinion along with a very sweet, "grow up" on the end of that.
Uh-Oh,I hope I didnt offend you. I've tried reading it several times and not sure what your saying.
No way! You didn't offend me at all. We are still laughing how stupid this injury is. We just came home and she was moving that box and I forgot that not only did I have 1,000 rounds of .45, but I had 750 rounds of 9mm. She asked me, "now that the election worked out do we still need all of these." I told her it just meant more time at the range for me and more time at Sam Moon's. :lol:

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

cmgee67 wrote:Father I ask that you heal his foot in a mighty way. I ask that it is speedy and that it even shocks the doctors on how well it did. Father your already there and I praise you and thank you amen!!

Feel better my friend!
Thank you sir. God blessed and I only a couple of small bones broke. They put a splint on it and gave me an Orthopedic doctor to see Friday. I got a brand new walker out of the deal. :tiphat:

I sure want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes. Those of you who are diabetic know how bad feet problems can take over and mess up everything. God has been so good to us that I can't even begin to tell of all the blessings.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

LOL. A broke foot is an excellent reason (excuse) to hit the range too. I called it therapy although the wife may argue that. My Doc was real cool. He gave me the option of a removable walking cast vs the non-removable kind. He said he gives us "grown ups" that option because we are/should be smart enough to heed his advice. He said wear it all the time but you can remove it to shower. He said if you dont take my advice, you could be coming back in for surgery so pretty sure you will wear it. And boy was he right, it was nice to remove it when needed but went right back on and no surgery needed. Hope it goes as well as it can for you.
Just some guy's opinion.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

Praying for an uneventful healing and recovery!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

carlson1 wrote:Thank you sir. God blessed and I only a couple of small bones broke. They put a splint on it and gave me an Orthopedic doctor to see Friday. I got a brand new walker out of the deal.
And 1,500 rounds of .45 ACP. Not worth a broken foot, but nothing to sneeze at. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

carlson1 wrote:
cmgee67 wrote:Father I ask that you heal his foot in a mighty way. I ask that it is speedy and that it even shocks the doctors on how well it did. Father your already there and I praise you and thank you amen!!

Feel better my friend!
Thank you sir. God blessed and I only a couple of small bones broke. They put a splint on it and gave me an Orthopedic doctor to see Friday. I got a brand new walker out of the deal. :tiphat:

I sure want to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes. Those of you who are diabetic know how bad feet problems can take over and mess up everything. God has been so good to us that I can't even begin to tell of all the blessings.
Did they give you a knee walker?

I bought the one I linked for my granddaughter to use when she broke her ankle a couple of years ago. It helps you heal faster because you're not putting weight on your foot or ankle and flexing it.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

FCH

Post by FCH »

Ouch!
Prayers for a speedy recovery and that the blood keeps flowing strong!
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Pawpaw wrote: Did they give you a knee walker?
No sir just a regular four legged walker. I spent six years in a wheelchair. When God allowed me to walk again I used a rollater. The ER doctor was afraid I would fall using the rollater. At least until I follow up in five days.
FCH wrote:Ouch!
Thank you very much. The blood is a serious issue so I found out tonight. I guess it didn't make much sense to me until tonight.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I and my God are with you, Carl. Always.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

carlson1 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote: Did they give you a knee walker?
No sir just a regular four legged walker. I spent six years in a wheelchair. When God allowed me to walk again I used a rollater. The ER doctor was afraid I would fall using the rollater. At least until I follow up in five days.
FCH wrote:Ouch!
Thank you very much. The blood is a serious issue so I found out tonight. I guess it didn't make much sense to me until tonight.

Prayers for a full recovery Carlson. If your doc gives the go ahead, and you're interested, I have a knee walker/roller available, my wife had foot surgery a few months ago, and only used it a few times and didn't like it. Let me know.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Praying for full recovery!
BTW if it had to happen it is probably better to have the boxed ammo to hit the foot than one round out of the pistol hit the foot. (just trying to find the bright side, if there is one) :tiphat:

I too, am diabetic and understand your concern.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Carl, you and your family are always in my prayers and especially now. Father, you are the great physician. Please heal this man so he can continue your work. Give strength to his family in this time of need. Amen.

If you need anything, let me know.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jusme wrote: Prayers for a full recovery Carlson. If your doc gives the go ahead, and you're interested, I have a knee walker/roller available, my wife had foot surgery a few months ago, and only used it a few times and didn't like it. Let me know.
You are very kind. I don't think I will need the knee walker unless they decide to do surgery. I don't think (praying hard though) that will be the case.

RPBrown wrote:Carl, you and your family are always in my prayers and especially now. Father, you are the great physician. Please heal this man so he can continue your work. Give strength to his family in this time of need. Amen.

If you need anything, let me know.
Thank you my friend. I am still praying fervently for you and your wife.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I've been traveling and didn't see this until today.

Some years ago I dropped one of the pre-LED computer monitors on my foot while lifting it out of the box by the styrofoam packing, which broke. A corner of the monitor landed on my big toe and did all kinds of damage, and then it got infected. Not fun, and just the thought causes me to cringe even more when I hear about dropping something that heavy on a foot.

Prayers sent for rapid healing with no complications.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

carlson1,

Ouch!

Man that must've really hurt!

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”