Pray For Broken Foot

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Pray For Broken Foot

Post by carlson1 »

This is also fun related.

I dropped 1500 rounds of .45 on my right foot this afternoon from about waist high. I am now sitting at Baylor ER with a broke foot. Being a diabetic I came to the hospital hoping not to loose my foot.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pray For Broken Foot

Post by ELB »

Yikes, sorry to hear, and best wishes and prayers for boring recovery!
USAF 1982-2005

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

Does that qualify shooting yourself in the foot? Sorry man, just trying to lighten it up a little. :cheers2: Heal quickly. I broke my foot when I was 45 years old and that rascal still swells up if I walk a lot and is sore. Hope you get a full recovery.
Just some guy's opinion.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

Get well soon, Gimpy! ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Do to my left side being paralyzed due to stroke, my left side had very poor circulation and my foot was usually purple. I found Crocs made for diabetic feet and diabetic socks to be a great aid in healing when I injured my left foot. When you get out of a cast this may help. Also you should send me those offendinf .4 ACP rounds for proper disposal.......hope you heal quickly and well. Oh, Crocs look like heck but they feel like a cloud.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Okay. An ammo can with 1,000 rounds of 230 grain .45 ACP feels like about 43 pounds, maybe 45. Give or take. I have some experience lifting stuff.

Drop on foot: not good.

Even if I drop a 45-pound dumbbell on my foot, unless it hits vertically, I only get a portion of the full weight. An ammo can is a different scenario...edges and all.

Prayers with you tonight and always.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

:???: Ouch! feel better soon!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

WTR wrote:Do to my left side being paralyzed due to stroke, my left side had very poor circulation and my foot was usually purple. I found Crocs made for diabetic feet and diabetic socks to be a great aid in healing when I injured my left foot. When you get out of a cast this may help. Also you should send me those offendinf .4 ACP rounds for proper disposal.......hope you heal quickly and well. Oh, Crocs look like heck but they feel like a cloud.
Yes I have diabetic shoes and socks already because of the neuropathy. I have tried to find Crocs in the past, but my foot is 14 1/2 EEE. If you find some please let me know where.
Mxrdad wrote:Does that qualify shooting yourself in the foot? Sorry man, just trying to lighten it up a little. :cheers2: Heal quickly. I broke my foot when I was 45 years old and that rascal still swells up if I walk a lot and is sore. Hope you get a full recovery.
My wife has the same opinion along with a very sweet, "grow up" on the end of that.

Skippr the box of ammo arrived today by UPS. I was going to put them in 30 cal. ammo cans that is why I was moving them. The packing slip said 73.9lbs. If I would have just rolled the box over probably no big deal. Being 6'4'" and dropping it from waist high was like crushing my foot. I immediately put ice on it and took a pain pill to no avail. Being a diabetic with preexisting feet problems is why I obey my wife and came to the ER.

Just finished X-rays. I had a long night last night with the election so I guess one more night shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the prayers.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Ouch!!! You are in my prayers anyway, but I'll add the foot. LOL.

Get well my friend.
Chas.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Sorry to hear about your injury Carl. I offer my prayers for a quick recovery.
NRA Endowment Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Get better soon!

Is this another reason to switch to 9mm? It would weigh around 1/2 as much :lol::
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I found the show up to size 17, but do not mention width. A friend of mine wears EEE, I'll ask him if he has tried Crocs.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

carlson1 wrote:
WTR wrote:Do to my left side being paralyzed due to stroke, my left side had very poor circulation and my foot was usually purple. I found Crocs made for diabetic feet and diabetic socks to be a great aid in healing when I injured my left foot. When you get out of a cast this may help. Also you should send me those offendinf .4 ACP rounds for proper disposal.......hope you heal quickly and well. Oh, Crocs look like heck but they feel like a cloud.
Yes I have diabetic shoes and socks already because of the neuropathy. I have tried to find Crocs in the past, but my foot is 14 1/2 EEE. If you find some please let me know where.
Mxrdad wrote:Does that qualify shooting yourself in the foot? Sorry man, just trying to lighten it up a little. :cheers2: Heal quickly. I broke my foot when I was 45 years old and that rascal still swells up if I walk a lot and is sore. Hope you get a full recovery.
My wife has the same opinion along with a very sweet, "grow up" on the end of that.
Uh-Oh,I hope I didnt offend you. I've tried reading it several times and not sure what your saying.
Just some guy's opinion.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Father I ask that you heal his foot in a mighty way. I ask that it is speedy and that it even shocks the doctors on how well it did. Father your already there and I praise you and thank you amen!!

Feel better my friend!

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

WTR wrote:I found the show up to size 17, but do not mention width. A friend of mine wears EEE, I'll ask him if he has tried Crocs.
Wow! That would be great. I had my wife searching her phone after reading your first post. It would be great to get a pair of Crocs.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”