Wreck kills local church goers

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

Post by SewTexas »

bblhd672 wrote:
SewTexas wrote:that's irresponsible writing. think about your wife's, purse and what could be written about her after an accident, your mother's. Is that what you would want?
He admitted to taking the Ambien and Lexapro. As far as I know that's all. So yeh, he would have been pretty much asleep, and should be charged with some sort of DUI or something. But I haven't read anywhere that tox results have come back or that he had taken anything else or smoked the pot that day. None of the cops said, "they were still smoking" or "they were warm" or whatever....
it's obvious the kid has a problem and needs help. And yes, I hope he goes to prison for a long time. But, I also would like to hold the media to the truth.
:headscratch You're defending the indefensible. Straw man argument all you want, but this "kid" (not, he's 20 years old and an adult) killed 13 people with his deliberate actions. Whether he had a joint lit and smoking it at the time of the crash in immaterial.
You are correct, tox results have not been made public, but I don't see how it's relevant based upon the evidence recovered at the scene and his own admissions of the pills he had taken. Texting while driving was the least of his offenses.

I'm not defending him at all. I don't think anything I said was a defense. I simply pointed out the facts. Yes, there were pills, "on the seat". We don't know where those pills came from. Had he just come from Walgreens picking up meds for his mother? Had he been at a pill party the night before? We don't know! He admitted to taking to pills and texting, if he admitted that, he would have said if there were more.
I'd like for him to go to prison for a long time. I don't think he will though. A good defense lawyer will keep him out, easily.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

SewTexas wrote:
Jusme wrote:
WildBill wrote:
The driver of the truck, 20-year-old Jack Dillon Young, was recorded swerving in and out of his lane March 29 before the bus crash.
Young said he consumed the prescription medications clonazepam, Ambien and Lexapro and was distracted by his cellphone before the
crash, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety affidavit for a search warrant obtained by KENS-TV.

Several medications were found in the front seat of Young’s pickup, including 29 doses of the sedative zolpidem in a bottle,
30 pills of the antidepressant escitalopram and empty bottles of the anti-anxiety drug clonazepam and prazosin, a drug to treat
high blood pressure, investigator Scott Hewitt stated, according to KENS-TV. Several marijuana cigarettes, most of them partially
smoked, were reportedly also found in the pickup's center console.
:banghead:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2 ... -killed-13

He was almost comatose then. I hope they charge him with 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter.

that's irresponsible writing. think about your wife's, purse and what could be written about her after an accident, your mother's. Is that what you would want?
He admitted to taking the Ambien and Lexapro. As far as I know that's all. So yeh, he would have been pretty much asleep, and should be charged with some sort of DUI or something. But I haven't read anywhere that tox results have come back or that he had taken anything else or smoked the pot that day. None of the cops said, "they were still smoking" or "they were warm" or whatever....
it's obvious the kid has a problem and needs help. And yes, I hope he goes to prison for a long time. But, I also would like to hold the media to the truth.

SewTexas,
I would like to hold the media to the truth also, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. They didn't say that he ingested all of the drugs listed, but even with the ones he admitted to taking, he had no business behind the wheel. I have no problem with the contents of my truck being listed on a police report, even if I am involved in an accident, nor would my wife. Maybe we are fortunate that we don't have to take a lot of medications, and none that render us incapable of operating a vehicle safely. If we are prescribed anything like that we stay home. With the prescription drugs listed, along with the marijuana, I would say this "kid" has a definite drug problem. If all of the prescription drugs are in his name, his doctor needs to be investigated. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

SewTexas wrote:
Jusme wrote:
WildBill wrote:
The driver of the truck, 20-year-old Jack Dillon Young, was recorded swerving in and out of his lane March 29 before the bus crash.
Young said he consumed the prescription medications clonazepam, Ambien and Lexapro and was distracted by his cellphone before the
crash, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety affidavit for a search warrant obtained by KENS-TV.

Several medications were found in the front seat of Young’s pickup, including 29 doses of the sedative zolpidem in a bottle,
30 pills of the antidepressant escitalopram and empty bottles of the anti-anxiety drug clonazepam and prazosin, a drug to treat
high blood pressure, investigator Scott Hewitt stated, according to KENS-TV. Several marijuana cigarettes, most of them partially

He was almost comatose then. I hope they charge him with 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter.

that's irresponsible writing. think about your wife's, purse and what could be written about her after an accident, your mother's. Is that what you would want?
The article stated that the marijuana and other drugs were found after a search warrant was obtained and that they were documented on a police report.
I am not positive, but it would probably be public record.
I don't know if I would call that irresponsible. If I were a reporter I would probably write about it.
It's not the same as describing the contents or a purse after an accident unless the accident involved committing a crime.
NRA Endowment Member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SewTexas »

WildBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
Jusme wrote:
WildBill wrote:

The article stated that the marijuana and other drugs were found after a search warrant was obtained and that they were documented on a police report.
I am not positive, but it would probably be public record.
I don't know if I would call that irresponsible. If I were a reporter I would probably write about it.
It's not the same as describing the contents or a purse after an accident unless the accident involved committing a crime.
We don't know where the pill bottles were. they could have been in some sort of a duffle bag, backpack, brown paper bag or rolling around on the floor of the car, again, we're getting half of a story, maybe only a third....we don't know. We're getting a little bit of a half of a story, if they can't tell us everything, then tell nothing and wait. I'm not sure that evidence is public record, I didn't think so, I think some police officer reported this.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

SewTexas wrote:We don't know where the pill bottles were. they could have been in some sort of a duffle bag, backpack, brown paper bag or rolling around on the floor of the car, again, we're getting half of a story, maybe only a third....we don't know. We're getting a little bit of a half of a story, if they can't tell us everything, then tell nothing and wait. I'm not sure that evidence is public record, I didn't think so, I think some police officer reported this.
At his point, what difference does it make? Thirteen innocent people are dead at the hands of a severely impaired adult behind the wheel of a truck. Where the prescription drug bottles were located in the truck's front seat is of little concern.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

OlBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by OlBill »

So Governor Abbott signed the texting bill today.

ELB

Post by ELB »

https://www.ksat.com/news/driver-charge ... no-contest
UVALDE, Texas - Jack Dillon Young, the 21-year-old man charged in the bus crash that killed 13 members of a New Braunfels church last spring, pleaded no contest Thursday.

Young also waived his right to a jury trial and faces anywhere from 2 to 270 years in prison for 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter to be served consecutively. His punishment phase is set for Nov. 7-9.
USAF 1982-2005

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

ELB wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:31 pm https://www.ksat.com/news/driver-charge ... no-contest
UVALDE, Texas - Jack Dillon Young, the 21-year-old man charged in the bus crash that killed 13 members of a New Braunfels church last spring, pleaded no contest Thursday.

Young also waived his right to a jury trial and faces anywhere from 2 to 270 years in prison for 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter to be served consecutively. His punishment phase is set for Nov. 7-9.
Thirteen innocent people are still dead, and yet this human debris gets to enjoy his freedom for another 4 months before he is sentenced? With the screwed up way our justice system works these days he'll probably get 2 years probation instead of the minimum 150 years in prison he deserves.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

dlh

Post by dlh »

Wonder why the months-long delay? Did the prosecutor make a recommendation on punishment as part of the plea or was it a "no-rec" deal? Would not think it would take that long to get a pre-sentence investigation for the Judge.

Is he out on bond or is he in jail?

Serving sentences consecutively will always get a defendant's attention.

Reminds me of the Bill Cosby trial, except here the guilt-phase of the trial was waived...Hmmmmm.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

ELB

Post by ELB »

He was out on pre-trial bond, but earlier this month he flunked a drug test for THC, plus he owes the court some money. The article didn't say whether his bond was revoked yet or not.

I happily don't have much experience with criminal trials and such, but what I do know says the justice system does not move very fast.
USAF 1982-2005

Frankie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Frankie »

Driver charged in bus crash that killed 13 tests positive for THC again, is arrested
https://www.ksat.com/news/driver-charge ... ease-again

No way this guy goes to trial on the “he’s a good boy that made one little mistake” defense.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Frankie wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 pm
Driver charged in bus crash that killed 13 tests positive for THC again, is arrested
https://www.ksat.com/news/driver-charge ... ease-again

No way this guy goes to trial on the “he’s a good boy that made one little mistake” defense.
He already pleaded no contest to killing 13 people and is awaiting sentencing. I doubt he goes to trial for smoking pot. At most his bond revoked and held in jail until sentencing.
USAF 1982-2005

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/st ... in-the-u-s

Automobile accidents have increased 5% in states legalizing pot.

3/4 through the story they cite this accident.

The driver was high on pot and other things.

If this was a school shooting with 13 dead it would be headline front page worldwide lead story number one.

But because it was an “accident” and the cause really wasn’t completely clear, it receives little coverage and pot retains its title as harmless.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

NTSB report on crash released. Recommends buses like the one in the crash be required to have seat/shoulder belts.
https://www.ksat.com/news/ntsb-report-d ... -killed-13
Young was indicted on manslaughter charges and pleaded no contest. He's expected to be sentenced next month.
Hopefully the judge will lock him behind bars for a very long time.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”