Prayers for F-I-L and Wife (it's about a dog sort of)

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
nonleg
Posts in topic: 1

Prayers for F-I-L and Wife (it's about a dog sort of)

Post by nonleg »

It may not be the forum, but it's about the people, not the dog (Elvis, as sweet as he is)...

One of the two labs my wife bought and my 70 year old father in law has taken care of for over a decade is coming to the end of the road on Friday. My FIL is retiring about three hours before the vet comes to their house. Wife is broken up, father in law broke down on one of his last days in the office when my wife confirmed the schedule with him today.

He walked the dogs four or five times a day for years, until recently when Elvis' cancer made him good for one walk a day before he got too tired. Then he could only walk out on the route, and didn't want to walk back. Then he didn't want to be by the pool with the grandkids. Well, he did, but just for a few minutes until he got too worn out. He just watches from the living room with his chin on the floor.

Elvis' litter mate, Stella, cleans him every day. Even though she'd usually eat like she was in front of a trough, the last couple of months she has laid on her bed waiting for Elvis to eat however much he wanted (and it wasn't much) before she even got up. And then she'd clean his ears and stay by his side. So I need prayers for her, too, as I'm not sure how long she's going to last once she realizes her best friend is gone. My kids are too young (3 & 5) for it to really be a big deal, but it's no bueno all around. I haven't had to put a pet down ever (the cats would always "disappear" the day before we left for another country), but it's still not cool for me, even though they weren't my dogs.

Back on point, help with prayers please that my father in law can make it through the loss. The grandkids will help for sure, but I hate it for him. I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen with the wife, but keep her in your thoughts too please.
Let's not overthink this. Whatever it is.

carlson1

Re: Prayers for F-I-L and Wife (it's about a dog sort of)

Post by carlson1 »

Prayers for the family. For animal lovers we all know they are part of the family. It is not an easy thing so praying for God's grace.

yodajim

Post by yodajim »

Mr Carlson
Prayers For Your entire family sir .
Thank you for bringing us back to what's important in life

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Prayers of comfort sent. It's never easy having to let go of beloved family members.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers of comfort for the family. Letting go of a faithful companion is one of the hardest things one would ever have to do emotionally.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

No words can express the heartbreak at a time like this. Praying for comfort and peace in Jesus' name.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

My heart goes out to your FIL & wife. Believe me I understand how he feels. Being around livestock all my life I normally am OK with something like this but last Saturday I had to have a pet put down. We have had her for a little over 19 years. I am almost 71 years old and it was all I could do to take her to the vet.

My prayers are with you.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers for peace and understanding. Understanding that they chose what was best.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

carlson1 wrote:Prayers for the family. For animal lovers we all know they are part of the family. It is not an easy thing so praying for God's grace.
So true Carl, so very true.

Chas.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”