Wife to have rotator cuff surgery

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Wife to have rotator cuff surgery

Post by Jnazee »

twomillenium wrote:Due to Harvey, surgery has been canceled, and will be rescheduled as soon as liquid sunshine stops and flooding goes away. Keep us in your prayers. Thanks
Will do.

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Sport Coach »

I do this rehab for a job. First of all, good to hear you have a doctor you know and trust as that is most of it. I tell people shoulder surgery starts to feel better toward 3 months but time frames vary widely from little to no pain from the beginning to frustration into month 4 or 5. The doctor's preferences can make a huge difference. Some doctors allow moving into full range of motion as soon as you are reasonably (uncomfortable?) able. Some keep you in a sling for 6-8 weeks. Some start strengthening between 4-6 weeks and others not until 3-6 months. It also depends on the size of the tear. One thing I am absolutely sure of is that your wife did NOT waste her time prior to surgery. We used to do pre-surgical consults (then insurance changes in the 90s knocked that out) and those people got better faster due to knowledge of what needed done and range of motion and coordination improvements prior to surgery. Many people have rotator cuff tears and no symptoms but when pain persists, even with physical therapy it's time to look at surgical options.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

rotor

Post by rotor »

I had shoulder surgery done endoscopically and had very good results. Talk to the anesthesiologist about giving your wife a post operative block as this tremendously reduces post op pain. I went home right after the surgery. I only used a few hydrocodone pills for pain relief. Finally, rehab is critical and although the exercises seem silly THEY WORK. Religiously doing rehab is critical. Best of luck to your wife.

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

I had complete shoulder reconstruction and rotator cuff repair after an accident in 2005. I agree with others on the importance of physical therapy. Some of the best physical therapy i got was inside a swimming pool or in the water at the lake. It seemed to help with the stretching exercises I was doing. Prayers sent for a successful surgery and recovery.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 5

Post by twomillenium »

Well, here we go ...... again. Leaving this morning to take my wife, of 42 years, to finally have rotor cuff surgery. Surgery has been delayed twice, the latest was due to Harvey. I believe she is more nervous now than she was a month ago. I know that others have way more serious situations in their lives. However, at this time this is ours. Our thoughts are on the many who have had their lives turned upside down by the recent weather due to damage and loss of loved ones. I am thankful, that for the most part, these event tend to bring friends and strangers together for a common cause and this shows us that God is indeed good.
I told my wife that I was not nervous but was kinda excited to be the boss around the house, if only temporary. (she just rolled her eyes) I would appreciate prayers for the surgeon and staff, prayers for wife and recovery.

Thanks in Advance,
John
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Praying and agreeing.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

John,
Praying for your wife's nerves to calm down prior to the procedure, a steady hand for the surgeon & a great supporting staff, & a phenomenal physical therapist that can get her fully functional & back to keeping you in line!

V/r,
Mike

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

twomillenium wrote:Well, here we go ...... again. Leaving this morning to take my wife, of 42 years, to finally have rotor cuff surgery. Surgery has been delayed twice, the latest was due to Harvey. I believe she is more nervous now than she was a month ago. I know that others have way more serious situations in their lives. However, at this time this is ours. Our thoughts are on the many who have had their lives turned upside down by the recent weather due to damage and loss of loved ones. I am thankful, that for the most part, these event tend to bring friends and strangers together for a common cause and this shows us that God is indeed good.
I told my wife that I was not nervous but was kinda excited to be the boss around the house, if only temporary. (she just rolled her eyes) I would appreciate prayers for the surgeon and staff, prayers for wife and recovery.

Thanks in Advance,
John
When my wife had hers done a couple of years ago, the worst part of it was post-op nausea from the anesthesia. But she was relatively pain free when I got her home.......just worn out and sleepy. Recovery was nowhere near as bad as she feared it would be, and ongoing post-op pain was minimal. She was REALLY glad she did it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent from here too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Praying

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Continued prayers
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Prayers sent, I know that the anticipation of something like that is much worse than it actually happening. Prayers for a full recovery, and your wife getting her "boss" title back quickly.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

Will continue to pray

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Prayers for your wife. Let is know when surgery is rescheduled.

Chas.

KLB

Post by KLB »

Best wishes on the surgery. As to loading the dishwasher, you're a faster learner than I. After 47 years, I'm still not permitted to load the thing, just unload it.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”