Multigun Match to Benefit West, TX EMS - June 8-9

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Steve133
Posts in topic: 1

Multigun Match to Benefit West, TX EMS - June 8-9

Post by Steve133 »

Ran across this the other day and figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone was interested. Since the EMS agency in West suffered significant damage to their facilities and equipment in the plant explosion a while back, wheels have started turning for fundraising efforts to help them recover; this being Texas, said fundraising effort has taken the form of a benefit multigun (rifle/pistol) match.

The long and short of it is that this is a one-day match, but there will be two different "instances" on June 8 and June 9, respectively. Venue is the Copperhead Creek range in Marble Falls. The match consists of 1 pistol stage, 4 pistol/carbine stages, and a known-distance precision rifle bonus stage; the only classifications are Open and Limited (which, based on my cursory scan of the rules, line up roughly with the same definitions used for most 3-gun matches). Registration fee is $65, all of which goes to the West EMS; prizes donated by sponsors will be awarded by random drawing on both days.

More details here here: http://www.ar15target.com/wtbm/index.htm

I've been wanting to get into 3-gun for a while, but my relative lack of shotgun experience has been holding me back (I'm merely okay with a pistol and not exactly great with a rifle, so anything lagging behind those skill levels is pretty bad), so this seemed like a good opportunity to ease into multigun shooting. The fact that it's for a good cause means that I can feel good about participating, despite what I'm sure will be a pretty dismal performance. I went ahead and registered for both days (well... sent in the paperwork, we'll see if they were full on either of them), shooting a different classification each day; I figure my IDPA gear will work for the pistol element in both classes, I can just use the irons on my rifle in Limited, and I managed to lay hold of enough mounting hardware to cobble together a makeshift Open-class Franken-rifle setup out of things that I happened to have on hand. Ain't none of it the high-speed/low-drag slick gear that actual major competitors use, but what the heck, it should be fun anyway, and at least some good people will get money out of it.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”