IDPA For The Disabled

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flintknapper »

jbirds1210 wrote:Sounds like an excellent idea! I have never packed my Sunday best with my range bag :grin: I think a road trip to shoot with Carl would be a blast!

My vote is for sometime in January other than the second weekend!

Yes, please not the second weekend. That would conflict with the Edged Weapons Seminar.

Thank You.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

That date is great with me. I am not for sure about a range. The only ones I have been to here have been in door ranges.

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

What area are we talking about? Lufkin? or is longtooth in lufkin?
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

One step completed. I have contacted Dallas IDPA and they have a range about 6 miles from Carlson1's church. They have a match on January 20. We are invited to shoot the match with them, giving Carlson1 and any other first timers coaching as we go. If we can't do that, we have permission to set up a couple of scenarios after their match.

I propose the first option.

Now that things are starting to jell, I need to know who from outside of DFW is interested in being part of this. Once I get a number, I can start working on hotel rates and transportation. Probably also ought to get an idea of who from DFW is interested in participating.

Looks like we have another Texas CHL Forum event in the works.

See what you started Charles...

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 3

Post by HighVelocity »

I am not surprised that Dallas IDPA (DAPS) would step up to the plate on this one. It's a great club.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jbirds1210 »

I would not miss it. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Take care.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Let me know if there is anything I can do here to help make it easier on anyone.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Count me in. Let me know if I can help
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

tomc

Post by tomc »

Sounds like a great idea. I'd be interested in joining you with my arthritis disability.

If joining in a regularly scheduled match might present a problem conflicting or interfering with normal shooters, and more individual attention might be required, I could probably offer use of my pistol club range for a more smaller, personalized setting. Its in Carrollton not much further than the Elm Fork range. We hold several action style matches at our club close to but not IPSC or IDPA sanctioned so equipment would not be a problem.

Let me know if this would help.

Tom
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

tomc wrote:Sounds like a great idea. I'd be interested in joining you with my arthritis disability.

If joining in a regularly scheduled match might present a problem conflicting or interfering with normal shooters, and more individual attention might be required, I could probably offer use of my pistol club range for a more smaller, personalized setting. Tom
This is the reason I asked the question about disability because I am not able to walk or stand for long periods of time. I don't think all of our people are very patient. I am sure no one minds you joining in.

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

tomc, PM sent.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”