IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7

Attention match directors and staff!!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Increasing the number of people participating in various shooting sports is a critical element in preserving the Second Amendment. It's great to have more gun owners, but gun owners who shoot are even more valuable to the cause.

If you are a match director or on the match staff (or considering becoming one) for any shooting sport, whether rifle, shotgun or pistol, please send me a PM with your contact information. I have been working on a project to help increase the numbers of competitive/sport shooters and I want to make it available to everyone without a cost.

I am going to host a meeting in the Houston area for people who are close enough to attend, but this project will be for shooters throughout Texas. I'm exploring a conference call, or a Go-To-Meeting (Internet) meeting, either as part of this initial meeting, or as a follow-up meeting, but I'm not sure how well that will work. I'm also going to set up a private planning/discussion sub-forum here on TexasCHLforum.com and it will be available to match directors and the staff. The planned kick-off for this project is January, 2009.

Chas.

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Attention match directors and staff!!

Post by Wildscar »

Sounds interesting. I'll be sure to pass this on to the guys and gals at Dallas Action Pistol Shooters. :thumbs2:
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

You got my info. It can be used for Thunder Tactical Shooters and/or for the two women classes I got going at PSC and Shooter's Station.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

AggieMM
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AggieMM »

Sounds very interesting. PM sent.

Ryan

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Great idea.

PM on the way.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

tomc

Post by tomc »

I'm very interested. PM sent.
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

atxgun

Post by atxgun »

makes me wish i were an instructor

Bob Wolff

Post by Bob Wolff »

PM sent
NO matter how responsible he seems,
NEVER give your gun to a monkey.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Thanks folks, I have about 8 PMs already. Please pass this along to match directors and staff that aren't members of TexasCHLforum.com. If they don't want to join to send me a PM, then ask them to email me at Charles@TexasShooting.com.
I'll be contacting everyone I can from the IDPA club list and I'm going to ask one of the PSC Board members to tell all of the USPSA MDs about it as well.

Although I keep referring to match directors and staff, I want to invite anyone who has an organized shooting event to join in the discussion. CompVest's ladies-only programs are a good example of non-match events, but informal events like small group practice sessions would also qualify. Again, there is no cost to anyone and if the response is good, it should have a significant impact on the shooting sports (formal and informal) in Texas.

Thanks again,
Chas.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

PM sent - - - I also sent the link to this post to the other match directors and president of my club (Golden Triangle Gun Club) and to the IPSC match director of the Orange Gun Club.

To quote Larry the Cable Guy - - - "Get'er done" :thumbs2:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

ea40ss

Post by ea40ss »

I'm interested too. I'll help anyway I can.

Eric

solaritx

Post by solaritx »

please keep me posted as well for WHIDPA

Garry N

Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Whatever you need Charles.....I'm in.

Cody
"An APPEASER is one that feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last."--Winston Churchill

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I have everything on my end completed so I need to schedule a meeting sometime in January. We need to get as many people involved as possible and not just those in the Houston area. It's not practical for people to drive or fly in from all over the state, so the meeting needs to be a combination of in-person and teleconference or some Internet based medium.

The website related to this project has been completed, so it will be available for people to see while we are discussing the program. I have the information for an AT&T conference call and that may be the way we go. I'm going to look into GoToMeeting.com and anything else that may work.

The meeting will have to be on a weekend, so undoubtedly it will conflict with some match, but that can't be helped. Another possibility is to schedule two or more meetings, but I don't want to do that unless it's really necessary.

I'll post some potential dates soon, but I wanted to give everyone an update.

Chas.

AggieMM
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AggieMM »

Charles, if you're using the AT&T conference bridge, you should be able to "record" the meeting, and thus the folks that miss it can listen to the replay. We do it all the time at work. :smile:

Ryan

Return to “Competitive Shooting”