IDPA rules for gun

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

IDPA rules for gun

Post by Venus Pax »

I'm accustomed to using the white dot sights on my Bersa. I like them, since I believe that I can center my sights on my target more quickly.

My Christmas gun, a 1911 .45, has only the basic black sights. If I got these changed out, would that be considered gun-altering and keep me from participating with this gun? I'd like to shoot IDPA with this gun, but don't want to spend money to disqualify it.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

Venus Pax,

As long as the new sights are of conventional notch and post type they are legal. So, go on and have some sights put on your new gun. You might think about putting some night sights or fiber optic sights.

Go to http://www.IDPA.com to get a copy of the rules.

Also, if you are ever down here in the Golden Triangle to visit we shoot IDPA on the first Saturday at 8 AM.

MoJo
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Smart girl. ;-)

Keep your defensive weapon as "consistent" with your normal mode of practice as possible. So, if you're used to white dots, put them on this weapon too.

Black sights tend to disappear on many dark colored targets. White dots catch the eye.

You have made a wise decision.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

:iagree: +1. The fact that my 1911 came with night sights was a big draw for me. Yes, you're legal and I also applaud you for equipping your IDPA pistol with the same equipment you'd carry on the street.

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Venus Pax »

Sounds like I'm legal. I'll have it done.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”