13-year-old 3-gun competitor "shoots like a girl"

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 13-year-old 3-gun competitor "shoots like a girl"

Post by Syntyr »

C-dub wrote: I caught that, but why is that allowed at this event? I thought the firing of a full auto was highly restricted. I hope that is a special event because, if not, I don't have the right kind of rifle for 3-gun then.
Ownership of Full Auto weapons is regulated. However, firing is not. As long as someone who owns one is nice enough to let you "borrow" one you too can set the happy switch to fun mode and blast away. That particular weapon looks like an ACR, someone please correct me if I am wrong its just a guess. That model is NOT legal for civilian ownership since it was made post 86 and is not on the NFA registry. Most likely the event was sponsored by a dealer or manufacturer and that is their weapon. They "loaned" it to the event to fire it at the first part of the stage to set the mood.

I have been to a 3gun event where one part of a stage was firing a roof mounted mini gun from a humvee. Wish I had been there to actually shoot...

That is not a weapon that you would have to have in order to shoot a 3 gun event. 3 gun events use a handgun, a shot gun and a rifle. There are different classes but typically you will see competitors using a 9mm or .45 handgun, 12 gauge semi auto shotgun and a .223/5.56 AR15.
Last edited by Syntyr on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Wes
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wes »

Rules vary widely on different types of 3 gun competitions, no reason full auto would be out of the question. As for general shooting, it just depends on the rules of who owns the land/facility where you shoot. No laws against it, my closest gun range even allows it.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

jtielke

Post by jtielke »

Syntyr wrote:
C-dub wrote: I caught that, but why is that allowed at this event? I thought the firing of a full auto was highly restricted. I hope that is a special event because, if not, I don't have the right kind of rifle for 3-gun then.
Ownership of Full Auto weapons is regulated. However, firing is not. As long as someone who owns one is nice enough to let you "borrow" one you too can set the happy switch to fun mode and blast away. That particular weapon looks like an ACR, someone please correct me if I am wrong its just a guess. That model is NOT legal for civilian ownership since it was made post 86 and is not on the NFA registry. Most likely the event was sponsored by a dealer or manufacturer and that is their weapon. They "loaned" it to the event to fire it at the first part of the stage to set the mood.

I have been to a 3gun event where one part of a stage was firing a roof mounted mini gun from a humvee. Wish I had been there to actually shoot...

That is not a weapon that you would have to have in order to shoot a 3 gun event. 3 gun events use a handgun, a shot gun and a rifle. There are different classes but typically you will see competitors using a 9mm or .45 handgun, 12 gauge semi auto shotgun and a .223/5.56 AR15.
Remington was a main sponsor for the Fallen Brethren match and loaned a select fire ACR PDW to use as a prop gun on one stage. Every competitor got to shoot it to start that stage, it was fun to shoot. The guns the competitor needed to bring to the match were just the standard AR type rifle, shotgun, and pistol required at every 3 gun match. One of the fun things about the big 3 Gun matches are the cool guns you get to shoot. I've shot the Dillon Minigun, Barrett MRAD, H&K MP5 PDW, M203 (non-explosive training rounds), ACR PDW, Full size suppressed ACR, SCAR, Short barreled shotguns, various other suppressed rifles, FN P90, and a lot more all on stages at 3 Gun matches.

The shooter in the video also worked as an RO on one of the most difficult stages at the Rockcastle Pro-Am and did a great job.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQZnrTdAjOQ

On the flip side, here's a 1 minute, 14 second video of a female US Army soldier
trying to shoot a shotgun. She's pretty bad, and whiny too.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQZnrTdAjOQ

On the flip side, here's a 1 minute, 14 second video of a female US Army soldier

SIA
Good night. What in the world is she doing in the Army and how did she get through boot?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Wes
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wes »

Wow...just, just...wow...
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

steve817

Post by steve817 »

I need to show this to my 12 year old.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

C-dub wrote:
surprise_i'm_armed wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQZnrTdAjOQ

SIA
Good night. What in the world is she doing in the Army and how did she get through boot?
Let's hope she's better with her M4. Putting her on door-breeching duty with the 12 gauge would be no good.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

IChangIT

Post by IChangIT »

THAT IS incredible shooting! I bow to Katelyn's supremacy. I can use a few pointers from her and her family.

-RC

jmactenn

Post by jmactenn »

She's amazing

Return to “Competitive Shooting”