IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TEX
Posts in topic: 1

IDPA Rules Question

Post by TEX »

Never Mind
Last edited by TEX on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

C-dub

Re: IDPA Rules Question

Post by C-dub »

Mind you, I am not an IDPA judge or safety officer and it has been several months since I've been able to participate in an IDPA event due to my work schedule. However, I think a shooter will be penalized for Failure to Neutralize (FTN) each target not engaged. So, if only the last target was not engaged and required 3 shots I think the scoring would be like the following.

-5 points for each shot, -15 points (+7.5 seconds) and then +5 seconds for the FTN for a total of 12.5 seconds added to the string time. I apologize for any scoring errors due to point miscalculations. It has been a little while since I've done a match and am unaware of any recent rule or point value changes. Suffice to say that I believe the FTN penalty of +5 seconds will be assessed to each target not engaged with at least one shot for whatever reason.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

extremist

Re: IDPA Rules Question

Post by extremist »

EXAMPLE – In an unlimited stage, a shooter had poor hits and made up shots, but on the last target he only had one round left and was able to get only one shot on the target which was in the zero down or down one zone – so no FTN, but he did not “fire required number of rounds according to CoF”
You didnt' specify how many rounds were required for each target in your example.

My ruling would be (assuming 2 rounds per target required):

- 0 hit (5 down), 1 hit (6 down)
- No FTN ( you have a 0 or 1 on target)
- Procedural for failing to fully engage the target with the number of rounds required (3 sec)

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Return to “Competitive Shooting”