Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Closing Goals for 2007

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

With the posting of the final Bill Status Report for 2007, I'm closing the Goals for 2007 section.

Chas.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Some of we folk on a tight budget were also happy to see HB 1839 signed to save a few buck on the families CHL renewal fees.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Wilson wrote:Some of we folk on a tight budget were also happy to see HB 1839 signed to save a few buck on the families CHL renewal fees.
Wow. I don't recall that one even being discussed here.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80 ... 01839F.htm

To sum up: it juggles the renewal course requirements, to ensure that you don't have to take the renewal course more than one in a 10 year period.

Kevin

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I thought this thing died in committee!! Well, that embarrassing. :oops:

Yep, as of 9/1/07, only one renewal class in 10 years upon the 3rd and subsequent renewals.

Chas.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

KBCraig wrote:
Wilson wrote:Some of we folk on a tight budget were also happy to see HB 1839 signed to save a few buck on the families CHL renewal fees.
Wow. I don't recall that one even being discussed here.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80 ... 01839F.htm

To sum up: it juggles the renewal course requirements, to ensure that you don't have to take the renewal course more than one in a 10 year period.

Kevin
:headscratch

So if we just renewed, and will be good till 2012, We don't have to take the renewal class till 2017???

I can't think that far ahead...We may be back on the moon by then...

And El Gato's going to be older than dirt at that time... ;-)

The pressure is almost too much to bear... :lol:

But then again, I'm probably wrong...

But this is just too interesting to not say something about...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I thought this thing died in committee!! Well, that embarrassing. :oops:

Yep, as of 9/1/07, only one renewal class in 10 years upon the 3rd and subsequent renewals.

Chas.
I thought I was keeping up with what bills were filed. I didn't even know about this one.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Diode
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Diode »

Let me see if I have this, I received my CHL last year and it is set to renew in 2011 it would be my 2nd class. Then the next one would be my 3rd over all class and it would be in 2021.?

Wow! I'll be 63 by then..... hope there are instructor still alive by then......reminds me of a song.....

"In the year 2525.... if CHL instructors are still alive, If Al Gore can survive, I'll get hives...... :roll:

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Diode wrote:Wow! I'll be 63 by then..... hope there are instructor still alive by then......
I hope by then there's no such thing as "license" for carrying a handgun. Open or concealed, however, whenever, whever... :grin:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

KBCraig wrote:
Diode wrote:Wow! I'll be 63 by then..... hope there are instructor still alive by then......
I hope by then there's no such thing as "license" for carrying a handgun. Open or concealed, however, whenever, whever... :grin:
...and the chorus sang , "Aaamen!!"

This ChL thingy is getting to be reasonably priced for ..
Was $140 for me last year renew in 2010 but as a veteran will only cost $35. another 5 years I will be well over 60. and it will only cost $17.50 . one more time 17.50 and I'll be almost 80 before i need to do it again.

CHL renewal fees are the only thing that gets cheaper in the Liberty household.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

We still have to renew every five years and do the finger print/photo thing, so we can have state reciprocity and NICS exclusion. It just save some time and class expenses for we poor folk :grin:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Wilson wrote:We still have to renew every five years and do the finger print/photo thing, so we can have state reciprocity and NICS exclusion. It just save some time and class expenses for we poor folk :grin:
I think i would do the whole renewal class anyway, I think its that worthwhile, but its nice to have the option
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Liberty wrote:
Wilson wrote:We still have to renew every five years and do the finger print/photo thing, so we can have state reciprocity and NICS exclusion. It just save some time and class expenses for we poor folk :grin:
I think i would do the whole renewal class anyway, I think its that worthwhile, but its nice to have the option
Instructors are going to love you!

What gets me is that we are in the midst of quite a few informed instructors here, and this bill snuck through the legislature without much fanfare...I figure this was an instructor/class killer bill at first glance...

Makes me think this bill is not what it appears to be...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”