Priorities for those who have CHLs

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Priorities for those who have CHLs

Post by stroo »

I saw this comment on another site regarding caliber wars. I think this is the most succinct and straight forward statement of the priorities a CHL should have:
Most important factor - HAVE A HANDGUN if you don't have rifle or shotgun!!! If you can legally carry - CARRY THE THING!!! Do NOT be one of those idiots who says "I only carry it when I think I'm going to need it"!!! Nobody is going to send you a message that "today is your day!" and what are you going to be doing TODAY that you haven't done many times before? Second most important factor - LEARN TO USE IT!!! Third most important - BE PREPARED TO USE IT!!! Fourth - Keep your eyes open! They are your early warning system! See something you don't like, DON'T GO TOWARDS IT!!! And finally - YOU ARE NOT A POLICE OFFICER. Be a good witness until there is a direct threat to you or some one with you that YOU KNOW is not involved!!!

All of what I said has NOTHING to with caliber because if you do the right things, caliber becomes irrelevant! And when it does become relevant, ANY of the common calibers (9m/m - .45) will do the job, but the ARE NO MAGIC GUNS OR BULLETS!!!

Return to “New to CHL?”