Signs for the CHLer

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Thomas Hagemeier
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Signs for the CHLer

Post by Thomas Hagemeier »

I may catch flack for this opinion... but to me, 30.06 = "helpless sheep inside ripe to be sheered". All signs for that matter that halt law abiding citizens from the opportunity to defend themselves from those who could care less what that cute little sign says.

Look at all the schools that are "gun free zones". Guess those nuts that walked in and began slaughtering innocent people weren't aware it was illegal to have a gun there.

Type-A personalities, fire away.
Believer in God, happily married,
Love dogs, patriot, Lifetime NRA,
And Keyboard Rambo

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

Xikar,

Of course, inside 30.06 posted businesses are less safe.

You won't catch any flack for your view. It makes sense.

I'm type A personality and I agree with you.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 13

Post by C-dub »

The first one is a gunbuster sign, probably similar to this one. With a CHL, this one can be ignored.

The second one is a valid 30.06 sign like this one. This sign is seen in many different colors and there are signs with the Spanish wording different. The 30.06 statue does not list the exact Spanish wording like it does in English, so I don't know which is correct and which is incorrect. And there are font requirements. I would not ignore this one.

Here's one with the Spanish a little different.

This is the third one. This is the sign I most often see. It is at all places that sell alcohol for on site consumption and off. With a CHL, this one can be ignored.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gringo pistolero »

davidjg wrote:Is it mandatory that a store or franchise post signage if they do not want CHLer's in the store? :???:
No. They can give oral notice. Another option is handing out cards or documents with the 30.06 language.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

JKTex
Posts in topic: 21

Post by JKTex »

Xikar wrote:I may catch flack for this opinion... but to me, 30.06 = "helpless sheep inside ripe to be sheered". All signs for that matter that halt law abiding citizens from the opportunity to defend themselves from those who could care less what that cute little sign says.

Look at all the schools that are "gun free zones". Guess those nuts that walked in and began slaughtering innocent people weren't aware it was illegal to have a gun there.

Type-A personalities, fire away.
This is a pretty odd post. :cheers2: It's like walking into a Ford Truck dealership and standing on the showroom floor, rolling your sleeves up and challenging everyone by saying that you don't care what anyone has to say, you think Ford trucks are better than Chevy trucks and you'll take on anyone that wants to challenge you on it. :mrgreen: They all sit there, looking at each other like WTH?

On a serious note, 30.06 is good! Anyone that has a CHL should not have to ask about signage or effective notice or anything about 30.06. 30.06 gives CHL holders and businesses a clear way to communicate and we should appreciate that. Otherwise a book of matched taped to the front door saying "no guns" would keep CHL holders out when carrying. So please don't look at 30.06 as a bad thing, it's just that you don't agree with the feelings of that business. That's cool, you won't agree with everyone you ever meet.

Signage is required to be specific, and CHL holders should know that. You should also understand effective notice, of which the sign is 1 method. I've never seen anyone standing at the front door of a business etc. advising every person walking in that CHL's with sidearms aren't allowed, whether vocally or with a card or piece of paper with the language used for the signs. They don't need to say it any specific way, but in print it does have to comply.

I know this thread got dug up from the dust, then dug up again, but it's concerning to see s many who I assume are CHL holders, asking questions about 30.06, effective notice in general and what is proper signage. It really makes me think the state has some serious issues with some CHL instructors, or people who don't take it serious enough.

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

C-dub wrote:This is the third one. This is the sign I most often see. It is at all places that sell alcohol for on site consumption and off. With a CHL, this one can be ignored.
[ Image ]
Just to clarify, that sign is required to be posted at any location that sells alcohol for off site consumption, like grocery, convenience and liquor stores.

And all it does is provide notice that unlicensed carrying of a "weapon" of any kind (meaning anything described in the statute as a "weapon") is escalated to a felony rather than a misdemeanor. So it's saying, if you're committing a misdemeanor illegal carry of a weapon now, when you step through the door you will then be committing a felony. So it doesn't have any affect on a CHL holder carrying a concealed sidearm.

chuck-texas

Post by chuck-texas »

Can you please refresh the images? They are dead. :)

Thanks.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 13

Post by C-dub »

chuck-texas wrote:Can you please refresh the images? They are dead. :)

Thanks.
Which images? The ones I posted on this, the 18th page of this thread?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

It looks like all the images posted in this thread in 2014 are still live. :thumbs2:

Do you have an image blocker in your browser?
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

chuck-texas

Post by chuck-texas »

C-dub wrote:

Thanks.
The ones at the first page. I cannot see the first 3 images, they seem broken. :(

Keith B
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Keith B »

chuck-texas wrote:
C-dub wrote:

Thanks.
The ones at the first page. I cannot see the first 3 images, they seem broken. :(
Those are above in the post.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

chuck-texas

Post by chuck-texas »

Keith B wrote:
chuck-texas wrote:
C-dub wrote:

Thanks.
So this is what I'm seeing: http://i.imgur.com/mOJxDpn.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith B
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Keith B »

chuck-texas wrote:
Keith B wrote:
chuck-texas wrote:
C-dub wrote:

Thanks.
So this is what I'm seeing: http://i.imgur.com/mOJxDpn.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Look in the above post here http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 55#p938448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at the images. They are the ones in the post you are not seeing.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

chuck-texas

Post by chuck-texas »

Keith B wrote:
chuck-texas wrote:
Keith B wrote:
chuck-texas wrote:
C-dub wrote:

Thanks.
Look in the above post here http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 55#p938448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at the images. They are the ones in the post you are not seeing.
Oh okay, thanks! :)

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

Thanks.
The ones you're talking about are from 4 years ago and that members last post was about a year and a half ago.

Return to “New to CHL?”