Signs for the CHLer

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

SSwt00SS
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Signs for the CHLer

Post by SSwt00SS »

Ran across this signage at a Softball Complex in Plano. I took this so that myself and others can continue to be well informed. My question is: what section are we looking for to see if CHL'ers can carry at this complex? I have not come across it yet, or perhaps I've missed it.

Comment is the (4th) line item from the bottom, in the left hand column.
Attachments
Sign.jpg

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CleverNickname »

SSwt00SS wrote:Ran across this signage at a Softball Complex in Plano. I took this so that myself and others can continue to be well informed. My question is: what section are we looking for to see if CHL'ers can carry at this complex? I have not come across it yet, or perhaps I've missed it.

1) That's not a 30.06 sign, so it doesn't apply to CHL licensees.
2) The sign itself says it doesn't apply to licensees.
3) A city park is government-owned property, so if a 30.06 sign was posted, it would be invalid anyways.

This isn't complicated.

JKTex
Posts in topic: 21

Post by JKTex »

CleverNickname wrote:
SSwt00SS wrote:Ran across this signage at a Softball Complex in Plano. I took this so that myself and others can continue to be well informed. My question is: what section are we looking for to see if CHL'ers can carry at this complex? I have not come across it yet, or perhaps I've missed it.

1) That's not a 30.06 sign, so it doesn't apply to CHL licensees.
2) The sign itself says it doesn't apply to licensees.
3) A city park is government-owned property, so if a 30.06 sign was posted, it would be invalid anyways.

This isn't complicated.
Ditto. At best it may be overly simplified and redundant. Why are you looking for a section to read and what is it supposed to do?

The line you reference simply (over simply) states they want no weapons of any kind, excluding anyone covered under the authority of law.

SSwt00SS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SSwt00SS »

It was in regards to it being a city/government owned property. These signs are located within the complex itself, well after point of entry and no 30.06 seen. Thanks for the replies.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 6

Post by MeMelYup »

Doesn't apply to a person with a CHL. This sign applies to OCT and OCTC that don't have a CHL.

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

SSwt00SS wrote:It was in regards to it being a city/government owned property. These signs are located within the complex itself, well after point of entry and no 30.06 seen. Thanks for the replies.
The property ownership doesn't make any difference but the sign is irrelevant and also states it's not intended to include CHL.

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

MeMelYup wrote:

Doesn't apply to a person with a CHL. This sign applies to OCT and OCTC that don't have a CHL.
:headscratch I'm not sure how you get that it applies to 2 specific groups, it's clear in it's simple message that it's intent (legal or not) is to keep "weapons" off the property except as noted.

We're beating a dead horse though..... :txflag:

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I put my son in a Montessori school for tutoring over the summer, and they have a gun free zone sign at the front door is that legal?
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nightmare69 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:I put my son in a Montessori school for tutoring over the summer, and they have a gun free zone sign at the front door is that legal?
Schools don't have to be posted as they are already off limits to CHL.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:I put my son in a Montessori school for tutoring over the summer, and they have a gun free zone sign at the front door is that legal?
That's just for the benefit of the bad guys to reinforce to them that nobody will be equipped to confront them.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

JKTex wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:

:headscratch I'm not sure how you get that it applies to 2 specific groups, it's clear in it's simple message that it's intent (legal or not) is to keep "weapons" off the property except as noted.

It applies to them (and anyone else who carries long guns in public), because local governments are not restricted under state law from banning long gun carry on their property.

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

CleverNickname wrote:
JKTex wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:

It applies to them (and anyone else who carries long guns in public), because local governments are not restricted under state law from banning long gun carry on their property.

What I meant was how you arrived at those 2 very specific groups and that specific item, long guns.

The intent of the sign is to apply to a very wide, nearly unlimited range of people, and nearly as long of a list of items considered weapons in general, very general.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 6

Post by MeMelYup »

JKTex wrote:
CleverNickname wrote:
JKTex wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:

What I meant was how you arrived at those 2 very specific groups and that specific item, long guns.

The intent of the sign is to apply to a very wide, nearly unlimited range of people, and nearly as long of a list of items considered weapons in general, very general.
It's sarcasm. What two groups are always in the news for carrying long firearms into places under the guise of familiarizing the public with firearms.

John Galt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by John Galt »

LDB415 wrote:
That's just for the benefit of the bad guys to reinforce to them that nobody will be equipped to confront them.
Exactly! It tells them that they will not have any opposition.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 13

Post by C-dub »

What is the Texas Concealed Weapons Act anyway?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “New to CHL?”