NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Signs for the CHLer

Post by NotRPB »

Ghostbuster No ghosts allowed = Ghostbuster Image
TobaccoBuster No tobacco Image
Gunbuster No Glocks allowed ... Image
None are 30.06/30.07 compliant by themselves
Last edited by NotRPB on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

ImportedTexan wrote:Thank you for your replies that cleared up quite a bit of questions I had. However, it also spurred more.

Can you clarify “gunbuster”?

Also, can any business print out a copy of a 30.06 or 30.07 and post it in their window in the proper formatting, or does it have to come from the state?

I’d rather ask stupid questions now than look like a fool later on. Thanks for your responses and patience.
1. Gunbuster sign: Does not meet the requirements of 30.06 or 30.07 and has no effect on Texas LTC/CHL holders. However, you should expect to be asked to leave or cover if you are carrying openly.

2. Texas law does not require that signs come from a certain source. A business owner can make their own or have them made as long as the sign meets the criteria of Texas Penal Code 30.06 (c) (3) (B) and 30.07 (c) (3) (B). http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.30.htm

For example, an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper cannot be "notice" as required by TPC 30.06/30.07 as the lettering cannot be "at least one inch in height." Again, if you go past a non-compliant 30.07 type sign, you should expect to be asked to cover or leave.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

ImportedTexan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ImportedTexan »

troglodyte wrote:The gunbuster sign is the picture of a gun with the red circle and slash over it.

Their is no officially sourced sign. As long as it meets the State's criteria it is considered legal.
Fantastic thank you. I believe that’s it for my questions for now, or at least the ones I know to ask.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Abraham wrote:There's a school of thought that states some business owner post unenforceable no guns signs deliberately as it appeases the anti-gun crowd, fully realizing knowledgeable LTCers know they can legally remain armed and do their purchasing in that business as he/she knows bogus no gun signs can legally be ignored. Thus, the business owner satisfies a broad range of customers.
It's the same as business owners who post No Mexicans signs. The signs are not enforceable but it appeases the KKKrowd. Nobody should boycott. The business owners are just appealing to a broad range of customers.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

ImportedTexan wrote:
troglodyte wrote:The gunbuster sign is the picture of a gun with the red circle and slash over it.

Their is no officially sourced sign. As long as it meets the State's criteria it is considered legal.
Fantastic thank you. I believe that’s it for my questions for now, or at least the ones I know to ask.
You WILL have other questions. Stick around and read, ask, & answer. They are all learning experiences. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

ImportedTexan

Post by ImportedTexan »

Pawpaw wrote:
ImportedTexan wrote:

You WILL have other questions. Stick around and read, ask, & answer. They are all learning experiences. ;-)

I have no doubt I’ll have more questions. Like what I tell the soldiers I train, “you don’t have any questions now because you don’t know what to ask”. The questions will come, thank you all for taking the time to answer them.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

ImportedTexan wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
ImportedTexan wrote:

I have no doubt I’ll have more questions. Like what I tell the soldiers I train, “you don’t have any questions now because you don’t know what to ask”. The questions will come, thank you all for taking the time to answer them.
I used to tell the young airmen that worked for me, "There's no such thing as a dumb question."

Unfortunately, some of them took that as a challenge. :???:

;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 8

Post by pbwalker »

ImportedTexan wrote:Forgot to add, the majority of the pictures on the first page don’t load and are probably outdated.
I had forgotten about this thread...I'll try to get them updated now.

ETA: Links updated, .30-07 added
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

lonestar144 wrote:[image]
I'm sure that will cut down on bank robberies! They DID ask politely, after all. /s
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Return to “New to CHL?”