Crossbreed Holster Question

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

RAM4171
Posts in topic: 6
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Re: Crossbreed Holster Question

Post by RAM4171 »

Well guess what was waiting in the mailbox for me when I got home this evening? :clapping: Man that is some heavy leather. I did adjust the font clip by one hole for a little more forward cant, and I did cut the leather around the mag release. I emptied the chamber and did some drawing and holster and about half the time the mag would eject on reholstering. Luckily I'm a bonsaier and carving tiny trees isn't much different than carving leather so the cut looks fairly professional. It is quite different than OWB, though I only wore it for about 45 min. I do plan on posting a review in a new thread in the equipment forum once I've worn it for a week or so.
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

Bulldog1911
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bulldog1911 »

Thanks for the link.
Been having a hard time convincing myself to spend 80-100 bucks on a holster. This fixes that problem ;-)
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

lowonair

Post by lowonair »

I've been wearing a supertuck for the past 2 years and while it's been a good holster i'm looking for something else. I like the fact that i can put any model glock in one holster but it tears up my pants so in the long run it costs me more money. The metal clips wear through them and my best pants have to be replaced now. I just recieved my raven holster and can't wait to try it out with my m&p. I've also heard great things about pitbull tactical so i put in an order for a holster, belt, and mag carriers and it should be here soon. Plastic clips may help keep the wear down but i like the option of iwb or owb carry with only the change of the clips.

dcphoto

Post by dcphoto »

Crossbreed and Comp-Tac both make excellent holsters.

nyj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nyj »

glock27 wrote:Shielded holsters is no longer in business.... its all ive ever known! Who can i get a holster from that is jusr as good?
That's too bad. I enjoyed my holster from him.

I've now switched to full Kydex holsters. A lot easier, IMO. Just ordered an FFR holster from "East" on the TX hunting forums.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I just got a Crossbreed Minituck for my little 9mm. I'm impressed - nice and comfy, but I will forever be paranoid about reholstering. I saw a youtube training video where the instructor told the student not to look at her holster when she returned her gun smartly to the leather. Not for me, slow and careful, no scars to tell a tale on my tail, thank you kindly.

The Crossbreed's belt clips bother me a little, because they indicate the presence of a holster.

I've got a response planned, though, should a concerned citizen ask. "Me? Wearing a holster? Why, no, those belt clips are for my lower tract digestive appliance. Want to see it? It barely leaks at all."

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I use a Crossbreed supertuck but I have swapped the clips out for the C-clips from CompTac...they don't show as much and they multiply your ride height and cant options...

http://www.comp-tac.com/holster-parts-a ... 417?page=2
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

TresHuevos

Post by TresHuevos »

RogueUSMC wrote:I use a Crossbreed supertuck but I have swapped the clips out for the C-clips from CompTac...they don't show as much and they multiply your ride height and cant options...
[ Image ]

http://www.comp-tac.com/holster-parts-a ... 417?page=2
I really like my CompTac Minotaur and use the C clips when I need a "deeper" concealment. What I don't like about the C clips is that it's harder to take the holster on and off. You have to take the belt off at least half way to get it on and off.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Return to “New to CHL?”