Crossbreed Holster Question

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Skaven
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Crossbreed Holster Question

Post by Skaven »

The only problem with the CBST is the SUPER long wait time. I actually think that they are taking longer that TX DPS. I ordered it over 6 weeks ago, and I am still waiting. Also for other options check out these guys as well. http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rmr1923
Posts in topic: 14

Post by rmr1923 »

Skaven wrote:The only problem with the CBST is the SUPER long wait time. I actually think that they are taking longer that TX DPS. I ordered it over 6 weeks ago, and I am still waiting. Also for other options check out these guys as well. http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
see my post above. crossbreed-style holster, custom made, $50, got it within a week of placing the order.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

rmr1923 wrote:got it within a week of placing the order.
I ordered last week, received it yesterday as well, nice holster!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

koolaid
Posts in topic: 4

Post by koolaid »

Skaven wrote:The only problem with the CBST is the SUPER long wait time. I actually think that they are taking longer that TX DPS. I ordered it over 6 weeks ago, and I am still waiting. Also for other options check out these guys as well. http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Comp-Tac belt clips are about a thousand times more user-friendly, as well.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

RAM4171
Posts in topic: 6
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Post by RAM4171 »

nyj wrote:Hey, just a heads up -- I was about to order the CBST then found this guy over on GlockTalk:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

39 pages of satisfied customers. 50 bucks shipped, lifetime warranty, accepts returns. He said his current turn around is 2-3 days. I ordered mine yesterday.
Thanks' for that nyj, I ordred one for my M&P. I've been on the fence about the CBST, but the wait and the $ for the options that I wanted was keeping me from trying it out. I will definitley post once I get it.
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

RAM4171 wrote:
nyj wrote:Hey, just a heads up -- I was about to order the CBST then found this guy over on GlockTalk:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

39 pages of satisfied customers. 50 bucks shipped, lifetime warranty, accepts returns. He said his current turn around is 2-3 days. I ordered mine yesterday.
Thanks' for that nyj, I ordred one for my M&P. I've been on the fence about the CBST, but the wait and the $ for the options that I wanted was keeping me from trying it out. I will definitley post once I get it.
excellent choice, i ordered a holster from this guy for my M&P and it's awesome. not only was it considerably cheaper than a CBST, but i got it in my mailbox exactly a week from the date i placed my order. i've found that "sweet spot" to be at about the 4:00 position with quite a bit of forward cant (as much as the pre-cut holes will allow) and with even a light t-shirt the gun literally disappears.

i'd recommend the combat cut for your M&P, but even with the combat cut i still had to make a small cut around my mag release. i found that when i strapped my belt on, the holster pressed on the mag release just enough to eject it when i'd sit down or move around a bit. other than that, it's a perfect fit.

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

Teamless wrote:
rmr1923 wrote:got it within a week of placing the order.
I ordered last week, received it yesterday as well, nice holster!
how are you liking the holster so far? after finding this guy, i can't understand why anyone would pay $30 more for a CBST or Comp Tac

RAM4171
Posts in topic: 6
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Post by RAM4171 »

rmr1923 wrote:
RAM4171 wrote:

excellent choice, i ordered a holster from this guy for my M&P and it's awesome. not only was it considerably cheaper than a CBST, but i got it in my mailbox exactly a week from the date i placed my order. i've found that "sweet spot" to be at about the 4:00 position with quite a bit of forward cant (as much as the pre-cut holes will allow) and with even a light t-shirt the gun literally disappears.

i'd recommend the combat cut for your M&P, but even with the combat cut i still had to make a small cut around my mag release. i found that when i strapped my belt on, the holster pressed on the mag release just enough to eject it when i'd sit down or move around a bit. other than that, it's a perfect fit.
I did order the the combat cut. I wear a high ride OWB now so I appreciate being able to get a full grip. I've the .45 compact, which M&P did you go with?
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

Defndr90
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Defndr90 »

I am thinking of getting one from the guy on Glock talk. I'm unsure of the combat cut. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?

Skaven

Post by Skaven »

Defndr90 wrote:I am thinking of getting one from the guy on Glock talk. I'm unsure of the combat cut. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
Combat cut allows you a better grip around your pistol grip when drawing. As crossbreed puts it, if your not sure if you want it or not, don't get it. And if you decide to get it later, send it back and they will cut it. But once it is cut, there is no going back.

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

RAM4171 wrote:
rmr1923 wrote:
RAM4171 wrote:

I did order the the combat cut. I wear a high ride OWB now so I appreciate being able to get a full grip. I've the .45 compact, which M&P did you go with?
I've got the .40 compact

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

Defndr90 wrote:I am thinking of getting one from the guy on Glock talk. I'm unsure of the combat cut. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
the only disadvantage i can think of with the combat cut is that the grip of the gun will be directly against your skin, unless you wear a shirt tucked in under the holster. the main advantage is being able to more easily get a grip on the gun when drawing. i've never had a holster w/out the combat cut so i'm not sure how difficult it is to get your hand between the gun and the leather of the holster, but if you're not sure then order it without the combat cut and if you decide you want it, you can go ahead and cut it yourself. you might even email or call the guy and ask if he can make some marks on the back of the leather where the combat cut should go just incase you decide to do it yourself later. he was more than accommodating with a few of my nit-picky requests so i'm sure he wouldn't mind doing something like that for you.

Defndr90
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Defndr90 »

Thanks for the inputs. I am leaning towards going without the cut to see if I like it. Thats a great idea to have him mark the cut on the back in case I want to do that later.

MojoTexas

Post by MojoTexas »

I don't have the combat cut, because quite frankly I prefer comfort over getting a complete grip. I can still get the pistol out of the holster quickly enough in my opinion, and it's very comfortable to wear all day long. I'm willing to gamble perhaps a slightly slower draw over daily comfort, but that's just me.
NRA Life member, TSRA member

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
--Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

Return to “New to CHL?”