Quick Report on the Fist Small of the Back Holster #40

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
hi-power
Posts in topic: 3

Quick Report on the Fist Small of the Back Holster #40

Post by hi-power »

I bought this holster and received it from Fist, Inc. after about 5 weeks. (The one on the left in black).

I wore it all day today at work, then to Wal-Mart for an official 45 minute Wally-Walk.

It was very comfortable to wear, even when sitting and driving. It sits at about the spot where a 40-something guy could use a little back support, and actually made my posture better.

It totally disappears when standing while wearing an untucked shirt. Bending over and picking something up would probably print like crazy, so I avoided doing that. If I needed to pick something up, I bent my knees and kept the back as straight as possible.

The only drawback I've found so far is the business end of my gun covering everything to my lower-left. The only time that made me queasy was in the bathroom, standing up, and the barrel pointing at some poor, unsuspecting fellow seated in the stall to my left. I decided just to wash my hands and leave. I guess that's why I'm not so enamored of a horizontal shoulder rig - covering everything and everybody behind me.

It's only one full day of carry, but so far I'll give this little holster from Fist a B+. It handled the heft of the fullly-loaded Hi-Power with ease and it fits so tight against my back that it does not move at all while walking.

casselthief
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by casselthief »

You carry a Hi-Power? :o no way! never woulda guessed. :lol:

I'm really glad you put this up here, I was just thinking that style holster would be great, 'specially for that B92 with tha twenny rounder.

yer WallyWalk is official, eh? good times.

Topic author
hi-power

Post by hi-power »

I'd recommend it. It's a pretty good one. I carried it all day Saturday while tearing down and (getting started) rebuilding the fence around the casa. I mostly forgot it was there.

casselthief
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by casselthief »

I really like that presentation. I understand your qualms, but I think once you get used to carrying all the time (legally, at least), you'll probably fuhgett about where the muzzle is pointed. as long as no one's squeezin' the ole trigger, you're good to go.

Topic author
hi-power

Post by hi-power »

I think you're right about that. I didn't have any heebie-jeebies on Saturday.

Return to “New to CHL?”