Makes all the difference

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Blaize4286
Posts in topic: 1

Makes all the difference

Post by Blaize4286 »

Well I finally received my license in the mail yesterday, and today is the first day of freedom!
Two things on the forum that made all the difference to me were: carrying around the house while I waited to receive my freedom card. I went through several holsters as well as ways to carry. I realized that although there are a lot of good suggestions on here, none work for everyone. You have to do the trial, and error thing. Use the wait as a tool to perfect what feels good for you.
The second is an under shirt for IWB is a must. I must thank everyone on the forum for all the ideas, and info. Very professional, and knowledgeable folks on here! I look forward to continuing to learning from ya'll!
An unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man

Topbuilder

Re: Makes all thbe difference

Post by Topbuilder »

Congrats!!

May the force be with you! ;-)
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

ajwakeboarder

Re: Makes all the difference

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Welcome. It's a great forum. I've been here for almost 2 years and i'm still learning new things every day. Congrats on you plastic and be safe
:tiphat:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

Congrats on the plastic. Carry safe :fire
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Gunner4640 wrote:Congrats on the plastic. Carry safe :fire
:iagree: with what he said

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

Me Too. :iagree:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

escapedNJ

Post by escapedNJ »

Blaize4286 wrote:Well I finally received my license in the mail yesterday, and today is the first day of freedom!
Two things on the forum that made all the difference to me were: carrying around the house while I waited to receive my freedom card. I went through several holsters as well as ways to carry. I realized that although there are a lot of good suggestions on here, none work for everyone. You have to do the trial, and error thing. Use the wait as a tool to perfect what feels good for you.
The second is an under shirt for IWB is a must. I must thank everyone on the forum for all the ideas, and info. Very professional, and knowledgeable folks on here! I look forward to continuing to learning from ya'll!
I have to say I have carried inside the home for a year now and it has helped me change holsters as well as feel that I am concealing it. When your wife pats you on the side and ask you what that is... you know you have been doing it well or she doesn't really pay attention... "rlol" "rlol"

I only carried inside the home because I lived in NJ... which believes the right to bear arms ends at your property.
NRA
GOA
2AF
NJ2AS(dot)com

LeakyWaders

Post by LeakyWaders »

I have been carrying around the house while waiting for the delivery of my license and agree that the experience has been a great teacher.

Benefits to me have been:
1) purchased, worn and broken in my holster.
2) practiced drawing from OWB and pocket holsters with snap caps, then re-holstering.
3) become accustomed to the weight and feel of the gear.
4) practiced the art of concealment that will be necessary while using public restrooms.
5) learned which clothing works best for concealment.
Pants Up.......Don't Loot

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

Blaize4286 wrote:Well I finally received my license in the mail yesterday, and today is the first day of freedom!
Whoot Whoot! Congratulations!

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scokill

Post by scokill »

[quote="LeakyWaders"]I have been carrying around the house while waiting for the delivery of my license and agree that the experience has been a great teacher.

4) practiced the art of concealment that will be necessary while using public restrooms.

Use zipper??? :clapping:

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

been trying to find shirst that i would feel comfortable in carrying with my OWB holsters.... most of my shirts only go about 1/2 to 1 inch below the holster.... think i finally found one.... goes about 2 to three inchess below..... kinda of poignant for me.... its from Great Wolf Lodge which is a posted 30.06 place
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

:thewave Congrats!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

jmra

Post by jmra »

RetNavy wrote:its from Great Wolf Lodge which is a posted 30.06 place
Somewhere else I can scratch off of the "places to take the kids this summer".
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

jmra wrote:
RetNavy wrote:its from Great Wolf Lodge which is a posted 30.06 place
Somewhere else I can scratch off of the "places to take the kids this summer".
They've been 30.06 for a long time, same with Grapevine Mills Mall. Neither of those places deserve a dime of our business.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “New to CHL?”