New Member! (ish)

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
djdonte
Posts in topic: 3

New Member! (ish)

Post by djdonte »

Hey guys I made this profile some years ago and never did anything with it. Anyways I have just received my CHL about a month ago. I decided all my full size and compact weapons were too big to carry IWB, so I went out and got a Gen3 G27. I have also ordered a crimson trace laserguard, and a Crossbreed Supertuck along with their gunbelt. To be honest, I always thought lasers were "gimmicky" until I shot my friends Ruger LCP with the CT laserguard. Now I feel that a laser would certainly be an advantage, especially in a high stress situation. The G27 shoots like a dream (duh, its a Glock). While shopping, I also shot a Kahr CM40 in addition to the LCP. I couldn't make it thru an entire clip without a FTF jam, and the grip was like a cheese grater on my hand. Subsequent research showed that these guns seem to be hit or miss I also though the Glock trigger was vastly superior to either of the other guns. I wouldn't call myself a Glock fanboy but my first gun was a G22 and I am a firm believer in these weapons. Best part is my magazines work in both guns! I am also planning on getting [Pre-paid legal service]. In any case, any suggestions/comments would be welcome. Cheers!

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New Member! (ish)

Post by spongeworthy »

Welcome back!

My only suggestion as far as the gun goes is to replace the stock serrated trigger with a smooth one.

Topic author
djdonte

Post by djdonte »

I actually prefer the stock trigger since the travel is so short. Its an added safety to me. A while back I stumbled on a site that kept a running list of businesses that had 30.06 signs and if they were proper. Does anyone know what I am talking about or where to find it?

Topic author
djdonte

Post by djdonte »

Found it! http://www.texas3006.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by spongeworthy »

djdonte wrote:I actually prefer the stock trigger since the travel is so short. Its an added safety to me.
I should have clarified I guess. I meant a smooth-faced trigger, it is the same otherwise, it just removes the serrations (ridges) on the face of the trigger that get annoying on the finger after shooting a few boxes. They add them to the trigger on sub/compact models for import reasons.

https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/downloa ... 5330-5.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “New to CHL?”