New Guy

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

threoh8
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Guy

Post by threoh8 »

Scott B. wrote: you're carrying a typewriter on your hip--to you--the vast majority of the general public will never twig to it.

This made me laugh - I carried a Remington-Rand M1911A1 in the Army, and I know that someone still carries one somewhere ... and that's exactly how it feels at first.

OK, so I'm easily amused ...
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Topic author
Emtifre09
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Emtifre09 »

my issue seems to be is that my medium shirts are short enough to where if i have to grab something really high itll show the gun. large shirts look like dresses on me :banghead:

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Emtifre09 wrote:my issue seems to be is that my medium shirts are short enough to where if i have to grab something really high itll show the gun. large shirts look like dresses on me :banghead:
I'm in the same boat as far as shirt sizes go. Mediums fit just right, but no way can I wear a large. I wear a full size Glock 22 (.40cal 15+1 capacity.) and I could not try to hide it under a regular shirt if I try. My solution is to wear an OWB (Outside-Waist-Band) Retention holster with an additional garment. This time of year is great because I can wear any time of jacket, so long as it's long enough to cover as well. For slightly warmer weather, I have a detective/trench coat that I remove the insulated insert for, but I primarily wear sport vests. I have a couple of leather vests, but Old Navy has a series of sport like vests that I really like, as they are long and conceal my long barrel without a problem. Also, a sleeveless does not pull up like a sleeved shirt does, so I don't have to worry about that as much. The one I'm linking you to below is also quite warm, and padded, which adds to eliminate any type of shape from being seen. I wear my Glock 22 and 3 O'clock with this.

He is the vest I was talking about:
http://www.oldnavy.com/products/mens-qu ... 0012&vid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Return to “New to CHL?”