Walley Walk (of sorts)

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Relentless1
Posts in topic: 1

Walley Walk (of sorts)

Post by Relentless1 »

After sending in all my application work in mid-June I received my coveted plastic last Monday. Unfortunately I was on a string of working days so I didn't have an opportunity to "get out there" until Friday. Now as a matter of personal preference (again personal - I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone), I try not to go to Walley's World. I would rather make a couple of stops around town than one stop there. My "Walley Walk" was a grocery run to H-E-B. Although I was hyper aware of my new EDC addition on my hip walking in, once I started picking off my grocery list, engaging in friendly hellos, catching up with random aquantences, and even hitting on the cute redhead who works at the boutique, I all but forgot about my CCW.
I understand getting that first trip out of the way is a big deal, and I'm happy it couldn't have gone any better (yes, I got her number- we have a date later this week).
My name is Brandon, and I am a new card carrying citizen from Victoria.

joe817

Re: Walley Walk (of sorts)

Post by joe817 »

Welcome to the forum Brandon! Glad to have you with us! :tiphat:

Your experience went about the same for me. Trip to the neighborhood convenience store, then to hardware store, then grocery store. No problems what so ever, and as I got no glares or even casual glances. People just don't notice. :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

RJGold

Re: Walley Walk (of sorts)

Post by RJGold »

Welcome aboard!

A lot of good people I know are from Victoria.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Return to “New to CHL?”