Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Idratherbecamping
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Does a Cabela's Walk count?

Post by Idratherbecamping »

John Galt wrote:
Idratherbecamping wrote:
John Galt wrote:It's still warm enough for cargo pants (pocket carry easy).
:iagree: I plan on pocket carry with my .380. Going to get a sticky holster soon for that.

I have used the Sticky for a long time. It works great.
Got the sticky holster and it fits great. Stay Safe!
Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way!
Glock 17, because a six shooter doesn't hold enough bullets the way I shoot!
:patriot:

Lena
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lena »

One thing on the boots, you will have to really keep your pistol well oiled and clean as they did tend to rust carried daily, also be sure your socks come up over the pistol on your leg, bobed hammer spurs are a must or a sa. I carried a S&W 37 Airweight with a bobbed spur, a steel or stainless frame was too heavy.
Stay Safe

Topic author
Idratherbecamping
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Idratherbecamping »

Lena wrote:One thing on the boots, you will have to really keep your pistol well oiled and clean as they did tend to rust carried daily, also be sure your socks come up over the pistol on your leg, bobed hammer spurs are a must or a sa. I carried a S&W 37 Airweight with a bobbed spur, a steel or stainless frame was too heavy.
:thumbs2:
Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way!
Glock 17, because a six shooter doesn't hold enough bullets the way I shoot!
:patriot:

thetexan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thetexan »

As mentioned earlier Cabellas gives low points.

Walmart CC..50 points

Walmart with a cop Looking at you watching every move you make because you look like your nervous...75 pts

Above while wearing an Nra hat...add 5 pts

Walmart OC...100 pts

Walmart OC in the women's dept to avoid a cop...add 25 Pts. While trying on women's clothing...x2 bonus!

Target OC...80 pts
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

Interesting, the Target perspective. The Target store in Waco doesn't have any signage (last I looked, anyway), and since I am both discreet and level-headed beyond the expectations of Harris County Assistant Prosecutors I've never thought twice about skipping right in, arrayed in my natural plumage and claws peacefully retracted.

But I'll admit I'm sometimes reminded, when I bump into our friendly local policemen, of Ron Moody's song and dance number as Fagin in the movie Oliver. His plans for a respectable life lead to the horror of wishing "Good Morrow!" to a magistrate.

Except that would hold no horror.

That was the biggest personal change for me, now one year and two days since Friday the 13th last year and my CHL. Transitioning from a calm faith my civil rights weren't in jeopardy to feeling a little sense of celebration.

Frankly, that's probably the most compelling reason I have to carry. I carry a sidearm as a natural act of a law abiding citizen, and, with warmest regards, good morrow to every magistrate I happen to meet while enjoying the Second Amendment.

There are other reasons, too. A few days ago a cop-looking car stopped a young fellow near the Mexia Airport, not far from both my home and my workplace, identified himself as a policeman, took the citizen's money and beat the snot out of him. It's not a safe world out there.

But mostly I carry for the same reason there's a flag displayed at my office. I'm proud and protective of the rights I'm afforded and the responsibilities I owe.

Return to “New to CHL?”