Online vs Paper Application

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
fullbloodedtxn
Posts in topic: 2

Online vs Paper Application

Post by fullbloodedtxn »

I have a quick question about the online application vs mailing it. I've completed my course and mailed all the documents given to me from the course along with a check to the state but have not received a confirmation email (it's been about a week and a friend who did the class with me mailed his documents a week or two before I did and also hasn't heard anything). Should I have done the online application and fingerprints before mailing? The instructor just told us to mail everything and we would be contacted about doing our fingerprints.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Online vs Paper Application

Post by Jusme »

Welcome to the forum! I never heard anything about being contacted about my fingerprints, I just made an appointment with one of the nearest approved locations and then sent everything at the same time, this was a couple of years ago, so I don't know if it's changed.

I'm sure someone here will be able to answer your question better.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
fullbloodedtxn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fullbloodedtxn »

I have no problem with doing it online and making an appointment for fingerprints, I just don't want to have to put a stop payment on a check if there is no need. Thanks for any info.

The4thaggie

Post by The4thaggie »

My instructor had us do the online application well in advance of the class. In doing the online application, it had us schedule an appointment with IdentGo to get fingerprints done electronically.

Montanite

Post by Montanite »

I've been reading a lot of posts here over the last 4 months. Other than a lot of inconsistencies, the paper documents seem to get pushed off for a slightly longer wait. However, be sure to do the electronic fingerprints if you're within 100 miles of a city. My family and I weren't notified untill we called that paper fingerprints were not accepted. My father was the only one to receive a letter regarding the matter. Also, the only one of my family to get ANY confirmations was my mother and she's the only one who hasn't recieved her plastic yet. Go figure. :???:

LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

The4thaggie wrote:My instructor had us do the online application well in advance of the class. In doing the online application, it had us schedule an appointment with IdentGo to get fingerprints done electronically.
Our instructor advised us to apply online instead of via mail. He gave specific examples for why, but scheduling fingerprint appointment is - in my opinion - probably the best.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Return to “New to CHL?”