Got my plastic today

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Will Beararms
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Got my plastic today

Post by Will Beararms »

I never show my Plastic unless I am stopped for speeding or to buy a firearm.

I carry a Generation 3 Glock 23 98% of the the time in Kydex in the appendix position. Kydex wears the finish on the leading edges but it holsters well and secures the trigger guard well. It does not harbor moisture either.

The .40 has fallen out of favor but I have been shooting it since 1992. It's a violent round and it fulfills it's original purpose.

loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loktite »

aaangel wrote:
well after joe817's comment, i had to shed some weight off my edc. thanks joe i feel much lighter now :tiphat:

here's what in the rotation lately.
minus the phone (used it to take the pic)
What is the new knife that has replaced your LDK ?
NRA Endowment Member

aaangel
Posts in topic: 4

Post by aaangel »

loktite wrote:
aaangel wrote:
What is the new knife that has replaced your LDK ?
Its the dmax karambite.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

techenigma
Posts in topic: 1

Post by techenigma »

Will Beararms wrote:I never show my Plastic unless I am stopped for speeding or to buy a firearm.

I carry a Generation 3 Glock 23 98% of the the time in Kydex in the appendix position. Kydex wears the finish on the leading edges but it holsters well and secures the trigger guard well. It does not harbor moisture either.

The .40 has fallen out of favor but I have been shooting it since 1992. It's a violent round and it fulfills it's original purpose.
Hey more ammo for you now. Still plenty of .40 fans out there. It's usually been very cheaply bought now and even the gun prices dropped substantially on that news.

Will Beararms
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Will Beararms »

My Gen. 4 Glock 22 shoots like a 9mm to me. The G3 23 has some buck to it. 180 grain loads shoot easier than the others. I bought it used from a pawn shop. The pistol was in mint condition---no smilies on the barrel---no finish wear. It still had the copper anti-seize on the inside of the rail grooves in the slide. My purpose in buying it was to have a knock about gun. I take care of it but it is used. Everyone should do this once. Then you won't baby things that are intended to be tools. I hear a lot about the poor quality of Glock finishes. This 23 was made in 2014 and it has held up very well for something that's rode hard and put up wet many days. I have dinged the plastic sights up and I have steel sights for it when they are so dinged up that they need to be replaced. Kydex will scratch a gun up over time but you don't have to worry about the moisture retention that comes with leather and Kydex keeps fingers off the trigger when they're not supposed to be on it.

Return to “New to CHL?”