CHL/LTC - Sharing Qualification Test

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

bigity
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL/LTC - Sharing Qualification Test

Post by bigity »

WildBill wrote:The post reminds me of a very old rumor about professional boxers and martial artist black belts having to register their hands as deadly weapons.
Reminds me of that awful move Con Air where the ranger who defended himself in a fight was considered a deadly weapon. LOL
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

mjmccluskey wrote:He suggested we throw them out right then and there. No pics. All you need to know is that you passed. His explanation is that, should you end up in court (criminal and/or civil) the opposing counsel will paint you as an assassin if you did well and incompetent if you shot the minimum.
Does this mean I have to take down the hundreds of "used" silhouette targets I've been using as wallpaper in my garage? :???:

Just kidding, kind of. I've always wanted to do that, but thought better of it for MANY reasons. Mainly because I "grew up" ( I use that term loosely) before I was able to afford a garage to do that in the first place.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I always wanted to get a 'Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot twice' sign but I've seen some legal opinions that this day in age, that can be used against you in a court of law to paint you as a 'gun nut' or you were looking for a fight and thus not to get one. It does make a certain kind of sense.

But the qualification for LTC is pretty low, doesn't even qualify you as a marksman, so I don't know how that argument would be that effective. Especially since that was done at a range, during favorable conditions, most shootings don't happen in a picture perfect setting. Apples and Oranges really.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

To be honest, I never even bothered to know my score. All I needed to know was that I passed. I have no idea what happened to the target.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

WildBill wrote:The post reminds me of a very old rumor about professional boxers and martial artist black belts having to register their hands as deadly weapons.
Mine were register years back. To this day, I get inspection visits to make sure that I still own them.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

WildBill
Posts in topic: 12

Post by WildBill »

PBratton wrote:
Mine were register years back. To this day, I get inspection visits to make sure that I still own them.
Yeah, mine are silent but deadly so I need a NFA Tax Stamp. :rules:
NRA Endowment Member

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

WildBill wrote:
PBratton wrote:
Mine were registered years back. To this day, I get inspection visits to make sure that I still own them.
So do I need a Tax Stamp from the EPA?
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

WildBill
Posts in topic: 12

Post by WildBill »

jmorris wrote:
WildBill wrote:
PBratton wrote:
Mine were registered years back. To this day, I get inspection visits to make sure that I still own them.
So do I need a Tax Stamp from the EPA?
It took me a second, but "rlol"
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “New to CHL?”