First Day of Carry

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 5

First Day of Carry

Post by Take Down Sicko »

:eek6 First day of Carry and all went well. Did my wally walk at 9 this morning and spent about an hour shopping around and having coffee at McDonalds inside Walmart. Next i went to Barns and Noble books, West Oaks Mall, Ross, then back to the mall again for a snack. None of these establishments were posted. No problems at any of these locations and no one noticed a thing. My next go round will be to Home Depot to buy some bath tube stems to repair my leaky faucet later today.

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 2

Re: First Day of Carry

Post by Ed4032 »

Great job. Soon you will feel naked without it. Send us some pics of your carry.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

dpop19
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dpop19 »

Take Down Sicko wrote::eek6 First day of Carry and all went well. Did my wally walk at 9 this morning and spent about an hour shopping around and having coffee at McDonalds inside Walmart. Next i went to Barns and Noble books, West Oaks Mall, Ross, then back to the mall again for a snack. None of these establishments were posted. No problems at any of these locations and no one noticed a thing. My next go round will be to Home Depot to buy some bath tube stems to repair my leaky faucet later today.
Ed4032 wrote:Great job. Soon you will feel naked without it. Send us some pics of your carry.
Oh how I remember these first few days/weeks. I agree with Ed4032, soon it will be just another part of your wardrobe. I think probably the majority of people just give up on every day carry before they get to that point. Hopefully, you find a system that allows you to comfortably carry every day with no problem. Keep on carrying on!

Topic author
Take Down Sicko

I've been carrying everyday since i received my license. My EDC is a Smith and Wessom shield 9mm, Alien Gear Clock 3.0, a Kore Essential gun belt and also a Tagua Quick Draw OWB holster except when i am at work. Since i cant carry there i lock it in a small gun vault in my car and put it on for the ride home. Sometimes i forget to look for .06 .07 signs and have to walk out to check.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Sounds close to my rig - Shield 9mm, Alien Gear 2.0 and a Magpul Tejas El Original gun belt. Good setup :thumbs2:

Carry on and carry often. Here in Aug I'll be carrying every single day.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

LosAlce
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LosAlce »

Congrats!! :woohoo
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Congrats! Won't be long and you will be very comfortable carrying.
Mine is also 9mm Shield, On your 6 kydex with a Beltman belt.
In two years of carry only had one person acknowledge that I was carrying, that was in a Starbucks and he had a NRA shirt on. He knew where to look and what to look for, we made eye contact and we just gave each other a thumbs up. I am sure he was carrying but he was sitting in one of those big chairs with a latte.
Still have never seen anyone OCing.
It's all good!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I've been carrying everyday since i received my license. My EDC is a Smith and Wessom shield 9mm

The Shield is a great gun. I carry it in my rotation also. But I added a couple of thing that I think make it even better.

For the short mag I added a Pierce grip. It gives you a much better handle to work with. Ten buck on Amazon.

Then I added Mag-Guts. This gives you one extra round with out changing the gun's profile. Twenty-five bucks but I think well worth having that extra round. I put it in the extended mag also.

I am also thinking of adding Tru-glo TFX sights. I have this on my M&Pc and really love it.

I just can't decide on whether to install the APEX trigger system. I have it on my full size M&P and it works extremely well, but that's a light trigger.

Carry on!!
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Topic author
Take Down Sicko

I went to Academy and bought a DeSantis Inside Heat holster for the second time today. I returned the first one when i bought my AlienGear and my Tagua quick draw holsters thinking i wouldnt need a small one like that but since the Aliengear and the Tagua holsters were more difficult to put on and off when i go to work every day (can't carry at work) I wanted something quick and easy to put on for the ride to and from work. Its not a bad holster at all for the price 36.00 dollars.

Topic author
Take Down Sicko

I'm really glad to see several of you on this forum use the S&W Shield. Its a popular gun and am glad i bought it. I have about 500 rounds thru it with no failures using Monarc target ammo and Hornady Critical Defense. :patriot:

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Ed4032 wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote:I've been carrying everyday since i received my license. My EDC is a Smith and Wessom shield 9mm

The Shield is a great gun. I carry it in my rotation also. But I added a couple of thing that I think make it even better.

For the short mag I added a Pierce grip. It gives you a much better handle to work with. Ten buck on Amazon.

Then I added Mag-Guts. This gives you one extra round with out changing the gun's profile. Twenty-five bucks but I think well worth having that extra round. I put it in the extended mag also.

I am also thinking of adding Tru-glo TFX sights. I have this on my M&Pc and really love it.

I just can't decide on whether to install the APEX trigger system. I have it on my full size M&P and it works extremely well, but that's a light trigger.

Carry on!!
I have the APEX duty/carry trigger kit in my 9mm Shield. I highly recommend it, will result in a significant improvement with accuracy.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

LosAlce

Post by LosAlce »

I really wanted to use the Shield but when I tried it out at the range I just didn't like the way it felt in my hands. I was more sad about it than you would think a normal person would be but I have a full size M&P9 that I really just fell in love with (my first handgun) so naturally I wanted to use another M&P.

I eventually started to look for another carry gun. Went to an XDs in 45 that was great but I had a hard time concealing it. Now I have a Sig P938 and I have fallen in love with that. I got jealous of my husband's and had to get one of my own :lol:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I love my Sig P938. Shoots like a dream!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

LosAlce

Post by LosAlce »

Flightmare wrote:I love my Sig P938. Shoots like a dream!
:cheers2:

cdarr93

Post by cdarr93 »

Welcome to the club! Pretty soon it will be habit to scan the doors and windows of every establishment you enter. I started carrying about a year ago. One thing I will say that I've learned to fear is public restrooms. I started pulling my firearm out and placing it on the toilet paper rack or something hidden from view so that it doesn't fall out of the holster when I go to pop a squat. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had that happen before.

Return to “New to CHL?”