Open vs concealed; Which is accepted more?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Open vs concealed; Which is accepted more?

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I think the real decision is between IWB and OWB since you are considering which holster to buy. CC vs OC is an element in that decision, since it is usually a little bit easier to CC if you are using an IWB holster. If you are using an OWB holster, then you need some type of cover garment in order to CC. But if you want to use an IWB holster, then you need some looser fitting pants, and unless you are comfortable wearing a tuckable holster you still need to un-tuck your shirt. Personally, I feel like more of a slob when wearing loose fitting jeans than I do when my shirt is untucked. So I use an OWB almost always when CC'ing.

It also depends on what you mean by concealed carry. To qualify, you just need to have the butt of the gun concealed by a cover garment and the rest of the gun can be concealed by your holster. Some may not consider it true "concealed" carry if part of their holster is visible, so if you are in that camp, then IWB may be a better choice. Obviously if you are using an open muzzle OWB holster, then you need a much longer cover garment.

Ryan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ryan »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:It also depends on what you mean by concealed carry. To qualify, you just need to have the butt of the gun concealed by a cover garment and the rest of the gun can be concealed by your holster. Some may not consider it true "concealed" carry if part of their holster is visible, so if you are in that camp, then IWB may be a better choice.
Also on the subject of what does "concealed" mean to you...

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

image.jpeg
Either way looks good
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Six months into the year and i still havent seen anyone open carry. Its like the bigfoot, you know theyre there but you cant see them. :fire

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Take Down Sicko wrote:Six months into the year and i still havent seen anyone open carry. Its like the bigfoot, you know theyre there but you cant see them. :fire
Also still looking. Thought I saw my first OC twice this month. One turned out to be Border Patrol who had just gone off shift, he had taken off his uniform shirt and replaced it with a plain khaki one. The second one was a nicely dressed gentleman in Whataburger with a Sig in a leather holster, who when he finally faced in my direction was wearing his creds on a neck lanyard..... :banghead:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I have a brand new LEO neighbor. A female who now is with the Sugarland PD. Graduated a couple nights ago.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Take Down Sicko wrote:I have a brand new LEO neighbor. A female who now is with the Sugarland PD. Graduated a couple nights ago.
Invite her to the forum! :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “New to CHL?”