Traders Village - and other 30.06 businesses after 1/1/16

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 1

Traders Village - and other 30.06 businesses after 1/1/16

Post by LTCTLB »

The family and I took a trip to Trader Village this morning. After paying, parking, and exiting my truck my texas3006 app notified me they were 30.06 posted and valid (somehow missed the sign posted upon driving in). While I'm not yet LTC, I have a question about businesses like Traders Village that only post 30.06. Is it reasonable to believe I can OC there once LTC'd? Or should I expect them to tell me to leave thus changing my decision to carry CC anyway a felony charge due to verbal notification?

I only carry at home and in my vehicle while I'm awaiting my LTC. However, if I were to choose to ignore the 30.06 posting and CC anyway - not likely - I would receive a $200 fine, which would be a small price to pay if my weapon were actually needed while there.

Again, my question restated: if I felt the need to carry anyway, should I CC or risk bring notified to not carry at all changing my choice to felony charges?

Disclaimer (my philosophy) - I'll likely never go there again since they do not respect my RIGHT to defend my family, or self, if needed.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

C-dub

Re: Traders Village - and other 30.06 businesses after 1/1/16

Post by C-dub »

Risky choice. Depends on how they give you oral notification, which you can pretty much count on if you decided to OC after getting your LTC. If they tell you that you cannot openly carry then if you want to risk CC that's your call, but I wouldn't do or recommend it. Or they could orally tell you that they don't allow firearms at all. That would be pretty clear also.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

IMO, a 30.06 = no carry. If they post 6 and not 7, you'll almost certainly be asked to leave if you openly carry.

I wouldn't ever suggest concealed carry past a valid 30.06.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

This subject has come up a few times. Probably best to try to keep in one place: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84433.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “New to CHL?”