No Wally Walk

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 2

No Wally Walk

Post by JakeTheSnake »

OK, did a Sears Stroll instead. Decided I needed to get some new Big & Tall boy shirts to CC.
I mainly wear t-shirts for comfort in So. Texas. Went and got some polos and henleys that were on sale.
First I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was driving with a AG 3.0 Tuck at 4 to 4:30 position. More comfortable in the car than at home in a recliner or sofa.
As far as the stroll went, I didn't notice anyone scoping me out and most of the time I forgot all about it. Figured I'd be more self conscious about it than I was. Only a couple times did I check my shirt. Wife said only if you knew what you were looking for would you understand what the slight bulge was. Had to make sure she was talking about the "gun". :cryin :lol:

So, completely uneventful and comfortable first time out. :thumbs2:

The Wall
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No Wally Walk

Post by The Wall »

Now everyone on this website knows you carry. :lol:

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

You obviously wisely took advantage of the "waiting room" period to carry a bit around the homestead. Sorta makes "the walk" pretty anti-climatic. I did the same and it was a breeze transition. It won't be long before you feel odd not carrying. :thumbs2:

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

It still doesn't count as a Wally Walk because of all the crazies at Walmart. Unless of course you were at the Sears in Irving "rlol"
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

RPBrown wrote:It still doesn't count as a Wally Walk because of all the crazies at Walmart. Unless of course you were at the Sears in Irving "rlol"
Truer words rarely spoken:
Two suspects sought in Wal-Mart parking lot robbery

http://www.fox4news.com/news/160056275-story
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

grent247

Post by grent247 »

Jake, I'm jealous. I'm still waiting on mine to arrive and with the holiday looming I doubt I'll get mine in time for freedom day(no mail today or tomorrow :???: ). Do a wally walk for me since I'm still stuck on the printer.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

:fire
JakeTheSnake wrote:OK, did a Sears Stroll instead. Decided I needed to get some new Big & Tall boy shirts to CC.
I mainly wear t-shirts for comfort in So. Texas. Went and got some polos and henleys that were on sale.
First I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was driving with a AG 3.0 Tuck at 4 to 4:30 position. More comfortable in the car than at home in a recliner or sofa.
As far as the stroll went, I didn't notice anyone scoping me out and most of the time I forgot all about it. Figured I'd be more self conscious about it than I was. Only a couple times did I check my shirt. Wife said only if you knew what you were looking for would you understand what the slight bulge was. Had to make sure she was talking about the "gun". :cryin :lol:

REminds me...I bought 6 new jeans and 6 new shirts when i started carrying. Actually, i bought them before my LTC arrived. Went from wearing a size 38 to a size 40 in pants. Now i have plenty of room in my houches area wearing size 40. The plus to it all is i look like i lost weight wearing them. I also use the Alien tuck 3.0 and two others for the same gun. :fire

Topic author
JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

RPBrown wrote:It still doesn't count as a Wally Walk because of all the crazies at Walmart. Unless of course you were at the Sears in Irving "rlol"
Everybodies crazy, they just show their true colors more at Wally World! :lol:
image.jpeg

RedRaider7

Post by RedRaider7 »

I did the same this week. Instead of the Wally Walk I hit up the Central Market in Plano. Very anti-climactic. Only checked my shirt a few times, but wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be.

:patriot: :txflag:

techenigma

Post by techenigma »

When I first got mine the real test was just going about day to day. Never really gave it any mind.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

JakeTheSnake wrote:OK, did a Sears Stroll instead. Decided I needed to get some new Big & Tall boy shirts to CC.

Now it's time to unleash that beast and OC. Let the whole world see. You'll notice it's still pretty uneventful ;-)

techenigma

Post by techenigma »

Ryan wrote:

Now it's time to unleash that beast and OC. Let the whole world see. You'll notice it's still pretty uneventful ;-)
Do it on the square in Denton. I'm sure some fruitcake will say something. Not really fond of that town.

Return to “New to CHL?”