3006&07 question

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Stormvet
Posts in topic: 1

3006&07 question

Post by Stormvet »

Hello I'm new to the sight. Haven't got my plastic yet but everything is in order. Just wanted to ask if there was a place (web sight ) to check for places that have the 3006& or 07 signs posted in Angelina county? Or is it listed by town? Glad to be apart of such an organization as this. Thanks.

jkurtz

Re: 3006&07 question

Post by jkurtz »

Texas3006.com allows users to submit information regarding signs they see (30.06, 30.07, 51%). It is not all inclusive, but it is a good resource.

toddlinder

Post by toddlinder »

Welcome to the forum! The place you need is: http://www.texas3006.com

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Welcome to the Forum!
toddlinder wrote:The place you need is: http://www.texas3006.com
:iagree:

There is also a mobile app for the website: http://www.texas3006.com/mobileapps.php
Ron
NRA Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

rtschl wrote:Welcome to the Forum!
toddlinder wrote:The place you need is: http://www.texas3006.com

There is also a mobile app for the website: http://www.texas3006.com/mobileapps.php
The mobile app and then the alerts you get when driving by or pulling into the parking lot are great. I know most of the time without looking if I need to just keep driving. One of our Forum members, Russell is the brilliant mind behind texas3006.com.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I have the app and check it out often when im going to a place i have not been.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

+1 on the mobile app. I use it all the time. Have notifications set. You can set the distance, choose what you want to received (I don't OC so have 3007 turned off), and easy to add* postings. Click current location, fill in the info, add a photo of the sign, and submit. You can even select valid, not valid, or unsure on the sign.

* this is most important. This site and app is participatory and is only as valid as those of us who add to it.

BTW, the app is free but there is a link to contribute. If all of us who use it gave a few bucks, it would help to keep making the site better. I've been a beta tester and can confirm that there have been numerous improvements. When I first started using, I had all notifications turned on to test. As I drove passed locations, I'd get pinged by each. Russell incorporated a time delay which has eliminated these notifications by merely driving by.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I agree that the app is really useful.

It is also very easy to add a location. You don't need to wait til you get home and log onto the computer. You can add a listing while you are standing in line. Just note that this is a user driven database, so some info might be incorrect. Just yesterday, I encountered a place where the letters were tiny (less than 1/2") and it was in the app as valid. Another example is places that have white lettering on clear glass. Some users post these as invalid signs since the lettering does not "contrast" with the background. Other users may think these are valid. So don't automatically assume that all entries are 100% accurate, but instead use it as a guide, and by all means add info as you find it.

arthurgarzajr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by arthurgarzajr »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I agree that the app is really useful.

It is also very easy to add a location. You don't need to wait til you get home and log onto the computer. You can add a listing while you are standing in line. Just note that this is a user driven database, so some info might be incorrect. Just yesterday, I encountered a place where the letters were tiny (less than 1/2") and it was in the app as valid. Another example is places that have white lettering on clear glass. Some users post these as invalid signs since the lettering does not "contrast" with the background. Other users may think these are valid. So don't automatically assume that all entries are 100% accurate, but instead use it as a guide, and by all means add info as you find it.
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! We appreciate it.

Just wanted to mention that if you feel an entry is incorrect in some way, don't hesitate to tap the report button or add a comment saying why you think it is incorrectly represented. We monitor those types of comments and trouble tickets closely.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

arthurgarzajr wrote:

Just wanted to mention that if you feel an entry is incorrect in some way, don't hesitate to tap the report button or add a comment saying why you think it is incorrectly represented. We monitor those types of comments and trouble tickets closely.
:iagree: I've reported several entries that were either incorrect or made incorrect with the Jan 1 change. Corrections have always been made within hours.

Great job guys!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Pawpaw wrote:
arthurgarzajr wrote:

:iagree: I've reported several entries that were either incorrect or made incorrect with the Jan 1 change. Corrections have always been made within hours.

Great job guys!
The only difference is with sign changes with the verbiage pre-2016. There has not been a test case proving that a sign posted prior to 2016 will not be held as enforceable by the courts, so we are not making changes to the validity of the posting based solely on the change to the new wording.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Keith B wrote:The only difference is with sign changes with the verbiage pre-2016. There has not been a test case proving that a sign posted prior to 2016 will not be held as enforceable by the courts, so we are not making changes to the validity of the posting based solely on the change to the new wording.
I don't quibble over that. Many places that were 30.06 posted are now 30.06/30.07 posted. Those are what I've reported. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Great app, use it all the time....(and it never asks me if I am an LTC or tries to show me other LTC in my immediate vicinity). ;-)
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

arthurgarzajr

Post by arthurgarzajr »

bblhd672 wrote:Great app, use it all the time....(and it never asks me if I am an LTC or tries to show me other LTC in my immediate vicinity). ;-)
That feature will be available in v3.0 of Texas3006.

j/k j/k!

Return to “New to CHL?”