Dinner, Movie and an incomplete Wally Walk

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
PackinPig
Posts in topic: 2

Dinner, Movie and an incomplete Wally Walk

Post by PackinPig »

Well my first outing with the "hot off the press" plastic was last night.
I received my ltc around 6pm yesterday. My girlfriend and I decided to go see a movie so around 8pm we left the house and stopped off at the library to return some books she had checked out. Dropped those in the night box easy peasy.
We then headed to our movie, "Suicide Squad" at the local dine-in theatre. We got there around 9pm and had to wait for the doors to open at 9:30 for our theatre so we sat in the waiting area. During this time my gf remembered me getting my ltc and asked if i was "packin" lol. Pretty happy that she asked cause that means she couldn't tell lol. We enjoyed our movie and dinner and headed home.
We got home around midnight and my gf went straight to sleep. I stayed up as I work nights so I often stay up until about 7am. Well, 2am struck and boredom was at full throttle so I decided to do a "Wally Walk".
Drove to Walmart and walked a few aisles and bought some undershirts to wear between my skin and IWB holster and strolled the aisles for about 30-45 minutes. It was completely empty other than a shelf stocker every so often. All in all a pretty good first night. I plan on going out more today and i will definitely carry.
I'm very happy to have my license and I plan on carrying religiously. :thumbs2:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
-Theodore Roosevelt 26th President of the United States

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dinner, Movie and an incomplete Wally Walk

Post by flechero »

Those first few days are exciting, always wondering if someone will notice! Congrats, and here's to your new lifestyle! :tiphat:

15 years later, I sometimes catch myself checking to see if I have it on- because once you find the right holster, belt and position on YOU, combined with daily wear- you will not consciously feel it anymore. Wake up in the am, shower, put on pants and gun; gun stays on until bed time when pants come off. Repeat daily. Someday- teach your children the same.

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Well done. Carry on. I forget my wallet before I forget my gun. Even still I often forget that I have my gun on me.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Congrats on the plastic! Your gun will soon become an extension of yourself. You won't think about it, it will just be there.

It feels wonderful to be prepared.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Ed4032 wrote:Well done. Carry on. I forget my wallet before I forget my gun. Even still I often forget that I have my gun on me.
Yes lol idk how many times I have almost walked out the door without my wallet but I never forget my gun

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

My wife has learned that if she wants to make absolutely sure that I don't forget something on my way out the door, she just needs to put it on my gun.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

flechero wrote: .... I sometimes catch myself checking to see if I have it on- because once you find the right holster, belt and position on YOU, combined with daily wear- you will not consciously feel it anymore.
I agree! I rarely notice it anymore.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

LucasMcCain wrote:My wife has learned that if she wants to make absolutely sure that I don't forget something on my way out the door, she just needs to put it on my gun.
Putting stuff on my pistol would work, but I almost always have donned by pants and pistol before my wife has finished her morning make-over. ;-) I don't take my pistol off until I take my pants off at night.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
PackinPig
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PackinPig »

Yea. I've only been carrying for 2-3 days and I already feel weird without it on lol. It becomes natural. I also went ahead and bought a really nice iwb holster from white hat holsters out of Mansfield. I got to say it is nice! I bought mine with horsehide backing (supposed to be cooler) and it is great. It has already conformed to my body and is very comfortable. I also wear a leather ranger belt with that holster. Very comfortable setup.
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
-Theodore Roosevelt 26th President of the United States

Return to “New to CHL?”