Cc

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Ericjd0887
Posts in topic: 1

Cc

Post by Ericjd0887 »

Got my plastic today in the mail and I actually have to run to a couple stores as I prepare for our family trip to Florida this weekend... My question is, when cc, how do many of you carry? I have a sw .40. I have a holster for inside the waste band... But what feels most comfortable to some of y'all? I'm even considering buying a different type of holster... Any recommendations?

C-dub

Re: Cc

Post by C-dub »

The first few years I carried a Gock 22 or 27. Mostly OWB and rarely IWB. I have also carried two full size spare mags in a double carrier on the opposite side. For the past 10 or so years I've only OCed and a few years ago switched to Glock .45s. I still carry two spare full size mags on the opposite side. It helps to balance the load.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Ericjd0887 wrote:Got my plastic today in the mail and I actually have to run to a couple stores as I prepare for our family trip to Florida this weekend... My question is, when cc, how do many of you carry? I have a sw .40. I have a holster for inside the waste band... But what feels most comfortable to some of y'all? I'm even considering buying a different type of holster... Any recommendations?
For both of my pistols I use ambidextrous holsters that have a slot for a spare magazine (ex. DeSantis Pro Stealth) That allows me to switch between IWB for CC and OWB for OC (or CC with a shirt tail) without switching holsters.

They're nylon so they also breathe well and are more giving against my body which increases the comfort dramatically.

By far the most comfortable tho is my ankle carry although it does take longer to draw and may not be a viable option unless your .40 is a compact or sub compact model.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

I have used strictly OWB holsters for my carry guns since receiving my CHL in 2009; OWB has always been more comfortable for me. It took a while to get used to wearing untucked shirts, but it was worth it. comfort-wise.
Dave :txflag:

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I have been carrying for 6 months now and ill tell you this. OWB is more comfortable, at the beginning you will think other people will see it. Not true. You could wear it as a necklace and no one would notice! :biggrinjester:

true story though! Ask the OC peeps!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

MJR

Post by MJR »

In FL now on trip from TX. I keep a Glock 19 in the console the whole time.

Dallashog

Post by Dallashog »

I always carry IWB and my two favorite holsters are Remora and Crossbreed. I really like the Remora because of how light it is.

casp625

Post by casp625 »

OWB and t-shirts.

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

I've been carrying for two weeks now. I carry a Kimber Micro Carry and it's IWB. Next week I'll start to carry a Colt Defender OWB :patriot:

Return to “New to CHL?”