I bought a Hank's Amish Extreme Gunner belt...

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
mupepe
Posts in topic: 2

I bought a Hank's Amish Extreme Gunner belt...

Post by mupepe »

Wow. After wearing only typical department store belts my whole life I decided to get a gun belt for when I want to carry my 1911 or any of my heavier weapons.

This thing is nice! Very stiff and heavy duty. The leather is definitely of top notch quality. It's a good looking belt that won't look out of place with my dress clothes but has no problem supporting a Govt 1911 or Springfield XD.

And from what I've read this is not a "real" gun belt compared to belt man, a&g and the other higher end ones. So if you're on the fence about investing in a gun belt go ahead. This one was $55 shipped from Amazon so I got it in two days and I can tell it's going to outlive every other belt I've ever purchased

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I bought a Hank's Amish Extreme Gunner belt...

Post by C-dub »

https://www.hanksbelts.com/collections/get-the-job-done

If these are the belts you're talking about, I can't imagine them being sturdy enough to hold a handgun of any substantial weight. My own relatively inexpensive Galco belt cannot roll up like those pictured. It is too thick and stiff and it doesn't even have a stiffener in it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

goose
Posts in topic: 1

Post by goose »

I have the Amish Gunner. I love it. I occasionally carry my G17 with it in a Comptac MTAC. I wear it daily carrying a G26 or G43. I wouldn't say that it is better than anything else but it does everything I have asked of it.

Edit: I guess I will edit to add that while I often carry the G26 and G43 dawn to dusk, I can't say that I have done that with the G17. I would guess 5 or 6 hours is the longest I have carried the full sized frame. Not because I tired of it but because that is how long the event I carried it to lasted.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Topic author
mupepe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mupepe »

C-dub wrote:https://www.hanksbelts.com/collections/get-the-job-done

If these are the belts you're talking about, I can't imagine them being sturdy enough to hold a handgun of any substantial weight. My own relatively inexpensive Galco belt cannot roll up like those pictured. It is too thick and stiff and it doesn't even have a stiffener in it.
The one I bought is the Xtreme CCW Gunner in that link. It holds up my full loaded Government 1911 and my XD with a fully loaded extended mag.

Not sure how it might hold up long term but reviews online are positive and screw it, they have a warranty if it ever stretches or warps that I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of.
goose wrote:I have the Amish Gunner. I love it. I occasionally carry my G17 with it in a Comptac MTAC. I wear it daily carrying a G26 or G43. I wouldn't say that it is better than anything else but it does everything I have asked of it.
:cheers2:

Definitely better than my dress belt from Macy's that I've been using for the last two weeks. I ruined that one carrying my XD. :lol:

Return to “New to CHL?”