First days of carry....not very comfortable

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Setxjeff
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First days of carry....not very comfortable

Post by Setxjeff »

I have found a high quality crossdraw holster solved 90% of my comfort problems while driving.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

ntexaschl

Post by ntexaschl »

For me, it's an OWB holster at 4:00. And, I do find it comfortable.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I got lucky buying a Cross Breed holster right out of the chute. I wear a 34" Wrangler so I buy 35s. An actually gun belt from the Beltman made a huge difference keeping the 35s where they should be while carrying a pistol. I use to drive between El Paso and San Antonio on a regular basis. I have always found the driving to be comfortable. I carry a H & K USPc at the 4:00 position.

Topic author
kevin1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by kevin1 »

Teamless wrote:
kevin1 wrote: BTW, I went to Cabelas to try the Shield 9mm and I didn’t like it. I liked the trigger break. But It didn’t feel good in my hand and I didn’t like the false reset of the trigger (there is a click and you think the trigger is reset, but it’s not). It’s like having a 2 stage reset trigger.

Are you in the Houston area?
If so, and if you want to actually shoot the Shield 9 (or several others) I could meet you at PSC and let you play with a few to help your decision process

Just PM me

I'm in Dallas area. But thanks for the offer. I'm actually going to stay with Glock.I have been shooting my Glock 35 for several years now and I'm pretty proficient with it. I like the low bore axis (less muzzle flip) and I'm used to the angle and the grip. I have small hands, but I still got a Gen3 G26, simply because I'm used to it and I know how to position my hand to get a good grip. From time to time, I do shoot other pistols. None of them is that much better than the Glock that would make me want to switch.

I'm sure I'll end up comfortably carry the G26. BTW that DeSantis Sof-Tuck holster is pretty comfortable and might just solve my carry issues.

Topic author
kevin1

Post by kevin1 »

Cabela's has $30 off Kahr pistols. I just bought a CM9. It seems to be a nice little gun. I won't carry it until I'm sure it's 100% reliable and broken-in.

Topic author
kevin1

Post by kevin1 »

Today I put 150 rounds (including gold dot 124 +p) through the CM9 and it was 100% reliable.
Also carrying the big G35 IWB at 3 o'clock in the white hat holster seems to be more comfortable than the G26. At this point, I guess I just need to find a purpose for the G26....

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

I've got an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 as well as a Neocarry.

Now that I have the NeoCarry, the Alien Gear has not been worn. The big benefit of the Neocarry, or others like it, is that it's self-contained (it has a belt component), it can be completely adjusted in terms of height, and you can wear it on several parts of your body (waist, chest, thigh, ankle), and adjust it without much effort. It is about as comfortable as a holster can be. I don't see myself spending money on another holster, though the Stealthgear Onyx looks pretty great.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Wag2323
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wag2323 »

kevin1 wrote:Cabela's has $30 off Kahr pistols. I just bought a CM9. It seems to be a nice little gun. I won't carry it until I'm sure it's 100% reliable and broken-in.

I have a CW9 and never had any issues. At this point it has about 500 rounds through it. I dont know if I can point to other forums but Kahr Talk forum has a lot of information about Kahr guns and issues ppl have and the resolution. The gist I get is that its the Kahr tight tolerances that can create issues so that is why they recommend the break in of 200 rounds. I have never had to deal with any gun manufacture warranties but they do say if Kahr is very good.

a.nonimous

Post by a.nonimous »

just started myself --- new ltc as of last month; something I never really thought Id need but now I find a new reason to carry every day just by watching the news-- you really can be a victim anywhere at any time.

I carry a S&W bodyguard .380 in a desantis pocket holster I know some say its to small a gun to do any good but any is better than none if you ever need it and this thing disappears ------- funny story: I wore it in my pocket for over a week before my wife asked when I was going to start carrying my new gun, she thought it was my wallet lol........it is light, comfortable and un noticeable. to me the idea is to make sure nobody knows I have it ---- first choice is always to get out of there but if that isnt an option, Its in my pocket ready to go.

one other thing I like about pocket carry is if you are feeling threatened or un easy, you can casually place your hand in the pocket and get ready without anyone noticing- eliminating the need to actually show the weapon (and avoiding all that headache) unless its needed

I just dont think Id wear an IWB holster and definatly not OWB - I dont want the attention.

just my 2c worth.

Topic author
kevin1

Post by kevin1 »

Wag2323 wrote:
kevin1 wrote:Cabela's has $30 off Kahr pistols. I just bought a CM9. It seems to be a nice little gun. I won't carry it until I'm sure it's 100% reliable and broken-in.

I have a CW9 and never had any issues. At this point it has about 500 rounds through it. I dont know if I can point to other forums but Kahr Talk forum has a lot of information about Kahr guns and issues ppl have and the resolution. The gist I get is that its the Kahr tight tolerances that can create issues so that is why they recommend the break in of 200 rounds. I have never had to deal with any gun manufacture warranties but they do say if Kahr is very good.

This Kahr CM9 is amazing. After 400 rounds it has been 100% reliable. Inherently it's a VERY accurate gun. It gives you much more carry options. For example, when I go to my gym, I pocket carry the gun in a nemesis holster. When I change in the locker room, I just live the pistol in the pocket of my pants and hang it in the locker (no one can see it). I also have a galco iwb holster that I use to carry at 3 o'clock. Truth be told, I almost never carry my G26 anymore.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lynyrd »

When driving, I have found a holster that carries high at about 3:30 is the most comfortable for me.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

graphton

Post by graphton »

After going through 5 different holsters the one that works well for me is the Crossbreed Super Tuck Holster. It is adjustable to be higher or lower around the waist line and the holster part rides about 1/4 of inch below my waistline which places the gun handle at the curve of my back and it rides quite nicely. I wear mine a little right of the 4:00 position, and its a slim fit and I was used to it within a day. It doesn't Poke me and its quite comfortable. I carry a S&W MP Shield 9mm. It works well tucked and un-tucked. It was 87.00 on Amazon but well worth it.

Keller Texas -
Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life. -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

SHogun62

Post by SHogun62 »

I carry my Glock 19 in a Crossbreed, right around 3 o'clock. I'm used to drawing off my side, and didn't find the 4 o'clock position very appealing when seated. The only complaint I have is that I gained weight due to two surgeries last year, and now the top of the combat cut rolls over the rear of the slide. It's not to bad, but it's enough to annoy me. That should go away soon, since I've been cleared to go back to the gym!

magillapd

Post by magillapd »

On long road trips I carry in an uncle mikes shoulder holster concealed under a button up shirt. Very accesable while driving with no discomfort plus the gun is still with me when taking rest stops.
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

Return to “New to CHL?”