Holsters

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

earlwb
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Holsters

Post by earlwb »

When I have to disarm, I use a lockbox in the car. It would stop the typical thief who breaks into a car looking for something quick and easy to steal. The thieves do not usually carry the tools needed to break open a lockbox.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

It depends on where I am going. If I am going to work, I take the holster and gun off, because my work place is NOT gun friendly and I don't want to get into political discussions with my boss or co-workers. If I am going somewhere else that is 30.06 posted, I will find an alternative if possible, but if not (my kids school, for example), I will leave the holster on. It's my way of silently saying "easy unarmed victim here" as a form of protest. I like the idea of putting a pocket size constitution in there.

I have a leather snap over holster that I love, but I have found that it is much easier to reattach the holster if it is empty, and then holster my gun after the holster is on my belt. I usually carry a 1911, with thumb and grip safeties, but I am still VERY conscious of my motions when re-holstering.

EmbarkChief

Post by EmbarkChief »

I just leave mine on and cover it up.
TSRA Life Member

Return to “New to CHL?”