Carrying Issues with Women

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carrying Issues with Women

Post by bblhd672 »

jaclyn.jenkins wrote:Hi Yall,

I am a new member of this awesome community. I am a medically retired Army veteran, so I'm no stranger to weapons. But, it was a daily carry of an M4, not a pistol. I have an ISSC M22 pistol (.22 caliber), but will be looking to upgrade to a classic Glock 19 at some point in the future.
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm also a guy so take this for what it is worth. I think the trade off here is that a woman's (generally) tighter / lighter clothing makes it tougher to carry without printing, but if you carry a purse or handbag, then you have a lot more options than most guys (not judging any guys out there who carry a man bag).

As far as the gun, the G19 is a great choice. The G43 is smaller and a lot easier to conceal. The Kahr CM9 is in the same price range and is another great choice. I'd also throw out the Taurus PT 709, which is smaller and also cheaper. For the same bulk and price range as the G19, you could also look at the offerings from CZ, especially the CZ-75. For me, personally, that gun is a lot easier to shoot, and more accurate, than the G19. Point being, take some time to get to a range and try out a variety of guns before making a final decision. If nothing else, even if you decide that the G19 is the best gun for you, this exercise will result in more confidence that you made the right decision, and you will probably enjoy the process. Most ranges have rentals, or you may be able to borrow a few guns from a friend.

If you are in Houston, I would be more than happy to meet up at the range and let you try a few of my guns, assuming we can find a time that works. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Lastly, don't stress all that much about printing. It's not illegal to print like crazy, even if there is a 30.07 sign present, and frankly most people wouldn't notice even the most egregious case of printing. People tend to be too focused on their phones or other distractions.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Here is one of many videos by a lady that does a great job of demonstrating various ways for women to carry handguns. Check out several of her videos.

Chas.

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 2

Post by locke_n_load »

If Charles posted a video for Dene Adams Corsets (youtube blocked here), I ordered one for my wife around December 17th, and am still waiting for it. Will let you know how she likes it when it comes in.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Topic author
jaclyn.jenkins

Post by jaclyn.jenkins »

I just wanted to write a quick reply to everyone that wrote and responded to this post. I wasn't expecting much in the way of responses, so it was VERY nice to see so many reaching out!!! Yall are awesome! thank you for all the opinions and advice, it is greatly appreciated!

I carried for the first time yesterday with the Uncle Mikes Reflex at the 3 oclock. I was able to find a sweatshirt that kept printing to a minimum. It was such a unique experience (and it was a first date, so it was a pretty good day). Went to a couple different stores...really wanted just to get used to the feeling of it. Didn't find myself needing to adjust the gun (just had to pull up my pants a couple times). Only small negative things was running into a couple things, since I'm not used to having a small appendage jetting from my right hip. And getting used to the feeling of it pushing agains tme a bit when I get into my car.

I am going to look around the forum a bit to see if I can find an answer to the following, but if yall have any opinions on it, that would be great...
I was thinking about getting that [Pre-paid legal service] (11 bucks a month for a lawyer - very simply put). Any advice or opinions? Yay or Nay?

Anywho, thanks again for all the replies. Yall are great.
United States Army, Retired - 2010-2014
CHL Since January 2017

Sweat Dries. Blood Clots. Bones Heal. Suck it up Buttercup.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

locke_n_load wrote:If Charles posted a video for Dene Adams Corsets (youtube blocked here), . . .
What do you mean "youtube blocked here?" We have several YouTube videos on the Forum. Is this something Dene Adams is doing?

Chas.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:If Charles posted a video for Dene Adams Corsets (youtube blocked here), . . .
What do you mean "youtube blocked here?" We have several YouTube videos on the Forum. Is this something Dene Adams is doing?

Chas.
It's not blocked:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
He may mean that his employer has blocked access to youtube.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Flightmare wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
He may mean that his employer has blocked access to youtube.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Chas.

allisji

Post by allisji »

Other female posters have indicated that appendix inside waistband (aiwb) was a preferred carry position for comfort and concealability. Other men have issued concern that aiwb carry may cause them to have a gender transition.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

I misread "carrying issues with women." I was gonna say it all depends on how much she weighs...but I digress. ;-)

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I just double checked the OP, I taken several falls, two on my back, both would have been made a whole lot worse if I'd been carrying behind. You very seldom land flat on your front. Ask my knees.... (ugg) I really don't recommend carrying in back.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Yes I was at work and they block youtube. My apologies.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

jaclyn.jenkins wrote:I just wanted to write a quick reply to everyone that wrote and responded to this post. I wasn't expecting much in the way of responses, so it was VERY nice to see so many reaching out!!! Yall are awesome! thank you for all the opinions and advice, it is greatly appreciated!

I carried for the first time yesterday with the Uncle Mikes Reflex at the 3 oclock. I was able to find a sweatshirt that kept printing to a minimum. It was such a unique experience (and it was a first date, so it was a pretty good day). Went to a couple different stores...really wanted just to get used to the feeling of it. Didn't find myself needing to adjust the gun (just had to pull up my pants a couple times). Only small negative things was running into a couple things, since I'm not used to having a small appendage jetting from my right hip. And getting used to the feeling of it pushing agains tme a bit when I get into my car.

I am going to look around the forum a bit to see if I can find an answer to the following, but if yall have any opinions on it, that would be great...
I was thinking about getting that [Pre-paid legal service] (11 bucks a month for a lawyer - very simply put). Any advice or opinions? Yay or Nay?

Anywho, thanks again for all the replies. Yall are great.
Jaclyn,
I guess I missed this earlier, just use the search feature of the forum for pre-paid legal services (it is against forum rules to name a particular provider) and you will see a myriad of opinions, and thoughts from members. I personally don't use one, mainly because I haven't heard of anyone needing them, but everyone is free to make that decision themselves.

Keep us updated on your carry experiences, gun and accessory buying adventures (it is an addiction, but we have a great support group here to help you understand that it is totally incurable :biggrinjester: )
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “New to CHL?”